We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsSoftware Bugs › Minor File Preferences Menu Wierdness
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Minor File Preferences Menu Wierdness (Read 2235 times)
Minor File Preferences Menu Wierdness
Apr 19th, 2005, 7:43pm

Hi,

there's something slightly wierd in the last line of the pop-up window for setting file preferences ... it seems to describe the path to the file preferences.txt, but appears to overwrite the 'OK' and 'Cancel' buttons.  No functionality lost .. you can still click the buttons so the mouse-over works ... looks like it's just a mis-alignment.

Also, a question: What's the little number at the bottom left corner of the new environment mean?  It's usually '1', but sometimes '7', or '9', or ....I can't figure out what it means...

TC,

r

p.s. Tabbed files are fantastic ... no more running four copies of processing at the same time.
Re: Minor File Preferences Menu Wierdness
Reply #1 - Apr 19th, 2005, 8:07pm

what operating system are you running on? if windows, are you using the version that includes java, and if not, what version of java do you have installed?

the number at the bottom is the current line number.
Reply #2 - Apr 19th, 2005, 9:47pm

I had this problem too, with the non-expert version.

On Windows XP, when my profile is a network path, it looks really strange - I'll grab a screenshot tomorrow.

Reply #3 - Apr 20th, 2005, 11:22am

Like TomC, also running non-expert version 0085 Beta on Windows XP SP2.

Reply #4 - Apr 20th, 2005, 4:04pm

yeah, if someone could post a screenshot of this one, that'd be really helpful.
Reply #5 - Apr 20th, 2005, 4:19pm

That's: \\hercules\tcarden$\Profile\Application Data\Processing\preferences.txt I think.

\\hercules\tcarden$\ is mounted as H: which is obviously picked up in Sketchbook Location but not in the path.  (Wasn't this a hyperlink before?)

on edit: H:\Personal is registered as My Documents, by the way.
Reply #6 - Apr 20th, 2005, 8:56pm

ah, i see. thanks. it's using the final line to size things, rather than the longest line. whups, will fix.
Reply #7 - Apr 30th, 2005, 7:21am

now fixed for 86.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1