FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Discussion
   General Processing Discussion
(Moderators: fry, REAS)
   quality of saveFrame() image
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: quality of saveFrame() image  (Read 1290 times)
xhsun

quality of saveFrame() image
« on: Nov 6th, 2004, 1:29am »

I tried to use the saveFrame() function to export my application to movie. But the quality of the images are very poor. Is there a place to set the resolution and other properties?  

Is there another way to export movie?

Thanks in advance!

sspboyd

Re: quality of saveFrame() image
« Reply #1 on: Nov 6th, 2004, 3:29am »

Maybe I'm not fully understanding your question but my experience with saveFrame() is that it copies pixel for pixel what you see on screen to an image file.  
I do a lot of 300dpi prints from P5 and in order to accomplish that I routinely have stage sizes over 10000px in each dimension. It can be slow as hell to render but it comes out looking great.

The way I make movies from P5 is to export the movie frame by frame from p5 and then use QuickTimePro to save the sequence of frames as a mov.

gmail.com w/ sspboyd username
in_tenssi

« Reply #2 on: Dec 30th, 2004, 10:06am »

10000x10000?

how can you get a stage size that large?

i haven't done exhaustive tests but i am sure i can't go much higher than 2000x2000 - p5 craps out when i try say, 4kx4k or so. i've sorted out a workaround for this (rendering the scene several times, but repositioning over the active "window", then stitching them together) but i'm curious to know how you managed to pull this off... i wonder if its a memory issue but the error i get says nothing about ram. please tell... thanks

s

Martin

122417302122417302martingomez_listsmg1ph WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30th, 2004, 10:43am »

hi s,

it is actually possible to create images larger than 2000x2000. i just ran a test with 3000x3000 and remember creating something larger before. at any rate, what might not appear in the active output window may still be rendered when the image is saved using save() as printed in the canvas.

best,
martin

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »