FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Discussion
   General Processing Discussion
(Moderators: fry, REAS)
   Xcode & P5
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: Xcode & P5  (Read 422 times)
skloopy

Xcode & P5
« on: Mar 4th, 2004, 10:12am »

Has anybody gotten Apple's XCode to compile P5 sketches? I've gotten to the point where it's really hard to find anything in my loooong scrolling sketch..

I imported all of the .class files in the export folder, but when i try to build a sketch it doesn't recognize anything P5 specific, like BApplet, TRIANGLE_STRIP or any methods. I made sure to use "extends BApplet" but it doesn't know what BApplet is so it errors.

If anybody's gone through it or has a better idea, lemme know pleese!

thanks
« Last Edit: Mar 4th, 2004, 10:16am by skloopy »  
fry

Re: Xcode & P5
« Reply #1 on: Mar 4th, 2004, 5:07pm »

the B* classes aren't in a package, which causes problems for newer compilers (javac for 1.4). try adding:

import BApplet;
import BConstants;

that sort of thing to the beginning and see if it'll find it.

skloopy

Re: Xcode & P5
« Reply #2 on: Mar 4th, 2004, 7:03pm »

Okay thanks fry. I tried putting those two in there and it errors " '.' Expected " so i tried these:

import BApplet.*;
import BConstants.*;

and then it just says "Package BApplet does not exist" and the same for BConstants.

I tried to put "class myClass extends BApplet {" surrounding my code but the build fails without any specific errors. If I comment out all of my code and just use this

class myClass extends BApplet {
}

it gives me th same '.' Expected errors on the import lines.

Sorry if this is a little vague, but I'd really like to get it working, and it doesn't seem like eclipse is very mac friendly at this point..

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »