FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Discussion
   General Processing Discussion
(Moderators: fry, REAS)
   video outside the editor?
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: video outside the editor?  (Read 666 times)
michael05

video outside the editor?
« on: Jan 15th, 2004, 7:58pm »

is it possible to use video-functions outside the p5-editor? i wrote a fullscreen modification of BApplet and want to run a video-tool in fullscreen mode via shell.

command:
java -cp ./:diTemplate.jar:pde.jar BApplet diTemplate

error:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: diTemplate.beginVideo(III)V
   at diTemplate.setup(diTemplate.java:13)
   at BApplet.init(BApplet.java:185)
   at BAppletFS.main(BAppletFS.java:22)

it does not work with the original BApplet, too. i tried to include pde.jar in the classpath. to luck.

is there a way to get this work?

michael05

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
http://www.m05.de
pyson

Re: video outside the editor?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15th, 2004, 8:56pm »

the pde.jar and the .class files in 'export' are java 1.1. the video code is using java 1.3 functionality. you will need to use the pde.jar that is included in the lib folder if you are using windows (or if you are on mac right click and select "show package contents" you can find it few folders down). you probably will need to include the comm.jar and RXTXcomm.jar (i am on mac and i had to use the 3 of them to make a video class work).

as a sidenote the problem you are having is similar to making the p55 libraries accessible in other IDEs. check this thread for more info: http://proce55ing.net/discourse/yabb/board_general_action_displ_ay_num_1072722668.html

michael05

« Reply #2 on: Jan 15th, 2004, 9:14pm »

thanks for the hint! now it works in eclipse. there still remains an error when i start it in the shell. but it is not an video-issue anymore.

do you include all of the libs in your classpath?
java -cp ./:pde.jar:kjc.jarro.jar:comm.jar:jaws.jar BApplet diTemplate

michael05

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
pyson

« Reply #3 on: Jan 15th, 2004, 11:53pm »

you need to include pde.jar, RXTXcomm.jar, comm.jar
here is the command line i've used:
java -cp comm.jar:pde.jar:RXTXcomm.jar:. BApplet VideoApplet.

kjc.jar seems to have code that is used in the p55 ide (at least that's what i undertood when i looked in to it)  

michael05

« Reply #4 on: Jan 16th, 2004, 12:03am »

it works. i had to include the jar generated by p5. the .class from eclipse was not enough. i have to figure out what the applet needs from within the jar. all the other libs are linked in the classpath.

but it works, fullscreen! nice..

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
splat

« Reply #5 on: Dec 1st, 2004, 6:28am »

It was quite difficult for me to get a fullscreen app running with video. I found Fry's info to be most helpful,...

on Mar 20th, 2004, 12:59am, fry wrote:
this is because the video classes aren't included when exporting to applet. the fix is tricky, unfortunately.. you'll have to copy the files from lib/build that get created when you run your sketch (copy them while it's running). then, open pde.jar from the 'lib' folder using a zip program (stuffit on mac, winzip on windows) and pull out all the B* classes. then, take all those files and zip them up in a file called yourappletname.jar and you should be set.

this is one of the things that's getting fixed in the "big" release.

However, in order to get this working I had to add the files he mentioned to an already exported jar file, overwriting the old copies. And then enhance my path parameters, It finally worked for me using:

java -cp myfile.jar;"C:\WINDOWS\system32\QTJava.zip";"C:/Program Files/processing/lib/comm.jar"; myfile
« Last Edit: Dec 2nd, 2004, 1:13am by splat »  
Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »