FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Discussion
   General Processing Discussion
(Moderators: fry, REAS)
   for all of you winvdig users
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: for all of you winvdig users  (Read 1852 times)
trip

triparepa WWW Email
for all of you winvdig users
« on: Aug 26th, 2003, 12:04pm »

disclaimer(){
this is not meant as a plug of any type, i don't work for these people, but simply some advice
}

Not to rap on win vdig, since I have used it for several projects and loved the fact that it is free. But today I dl'd a for-pay vdig from www.abstractplane.com.au and I saw an obscene jump in performance in my Processing video  proggies. Some of my realtime video stuff went from 8-10fps to almost 30. I thought initially that java was just slow, but I guess I was pleasently proven wrong! in addition, the quality of scaled down video is much better

does anyone know of a fast vdig (other than winvdig) that is also free? $60au seems like a decent price to pay for such a jump in performance, but hell, if we weren't cheap we wouldn't be using P5

c

fry

Re: for all of you winvdig users
« Reply #1 on: Aug 27th, 2003, 5:54pm »

personally this is something that i hope we can make part of the p5 project itself, so that we have our own winvdig that's open/free and openly debuggable.  

but with a working solution already in place, it's of a lower priority from some of the many other things.

barikan

Email
Re: for all of you winvdig users
« Reply #2 on: Aug 29th, 2003, 11:58pm »

i think it's not specific for abstractplane's vdig, but i have a problem.  

here it is:
http://proce55ing.net/discourse/yabb/board_Proce55ing_software__bugs_action_display_num_1060358953.html

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »