FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Discussion
   General Processing Discussion
(Moderators: fry, REAS)
   THE HULK
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: THE HULK  (Read 393 times)
Martin

122417302122417302martingomez_listsmg1ph WWW Email
THE HULK
« on: Jun 20th, 2003, 1:49pm »

Has anyone of you watched The Hulk (movie, 2003)? If you haven't, look out for the following:

- Motion graphics like Casey Reas' Cells
- Ben Fry's Valence and Genomic Cartography
- Peter Cho's 3D morphing type

Valence and GC were pointed out to me by Noel before I had the chance to watch the movie.

Special effects were done by Industrial Light and Magic. Was looking for Ben's name or ACG's name in the end credits but I wasn't able to find them. Was it there?

At any rate, for the second time around (first was in Minority Report), John Underkoffler has brought ACG research into the big screen.

If you've watched it but didn't notice, go watch again.
« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2003, 1:51pm by Martin »  
REAS

Re: THE HULK
« Reply #1 on: Jun 20th, 2003, 7:18pm »

John Underkoffler is a good friend of the Aesthetics + Computation Group. He studied a few meters away in the Tangible media group. He is responsible for many of the more thoughtful interaction ideas in Minority Report.

The Hulk hasn't made it to my small town in Italy, so I haven't seen the film yet...

NPerlas

noelperlas WWW Email
Re: THE HULK
« Reply #2 on: Jun 21st, 2003, 11:16am »

Yeah, I sat through the whole credits and was waiting for Ben's name too.  And no, I didn't see it either.  

I didn't notice Casey's and Peter's work tho.. hmm gotta see that again.  (even if I thought it was not that good a movie )

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »