FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Discussion
   General Processing Discussion
(Moderators: fry, REAS)
   valence view of designers
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: valence view of designers  (Read 1230 times)
benelek

35160983516098 WWW Email
valence view of designers
« on: Jan 5th, 2003, 6:21am »

Fry,

just wonderin' - would you happen to be running valence on the Proce55ing web site's visitors? i'd be interested in seeing what that particular model looks like.

-jacob

Martin

122417302122417302martingomez_listsmg1ph WWW Email
Re: valence view of designers
« Reply #1 on: Jan 5th, 2003, 7:24am »

um, hi! ... you might find this interesting... fry has anemone running on acg's server ... it's cute too. http://acg.media.mit.edu/people/fry/anemone/applet/live.html

fry

« Reply #2 on: Jan 5th, 2003, 6:15pm »

nah, i haven't as yet.  

as martin mentions, anemone would be a good one to run on the p5 site. hoewever i haven't as the more interesting parts of the p5 site make heavy use of cgi--so i'd need to parse that up a little bit.  

that is, almost all bboard traffic is just one url, Yabb.cgi, which would just show in anemone as one large blob that keeps getting pounded. so i need to break up the "board=xxx;action=xxxx" into more usable chunks. not too difficult, and it might be fun to play with at some point, though for now i'm just trying to get rev 47 out

benelek

35160983516098 WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: Jan 7th, 2003, 12:26am »

actually, anemone was what i meant - but now that i think about it, running valence on any submitted code would be cool (and then melded into each user's model of previous code posts). it could be a sort of track-by-user model of emphases in coding.

this might also have interesting applications to the aim of education, as new students could run valence on a piece of code to check out what kind of syntax is involved in different outcomes.

-jacob

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »