FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Programming Questions & Help
   Syntax
(Moderators: fry, REAS)
   Camera (again)
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: Camera (again)  (Read 241 times)
JohnG

Camera (again)
« on: Apr 23rd, 2004, 4:10pm »

I've been playing around with the Camera stuff (since it makes more sense in my mind to move a camera, than transalte all objects in a scene so they move relative to the view position in the same was as if moving a camera)

I know that it's not in the docs since it's still in a sort of limbo state (0069), but I was wondering if there were any workarounds to the problems that keep happening with drawing objects behind the camera.

I've got a field of rotating single quads, just to give somethign to show, and I've noticed that when the camera goes far enoguh inside the area, the things behind the camera start going in front of it again, but fliped about an axis.

It's not really clean code to have to pass the camera position, fov/aspect etc into every object's draw function, and have them all work out if they're behind the camera, and so turn off their own drawing routines.

Is there any way to get the objects to not re-appear, (as well as to not ranomdly blit themselves over the frame when they're close to the camera's position?

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »