FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Programming Questions & Help
   Syntax
(Moderators: fry, REAS)
   Import hAck
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: Import hAck  (Read 648 times)
skloopy

Import hAck
« on: Jan 25th, 2003, 10:21pm »

Hi You mentioned earlier that there was a way to hack import another class or library since there's no official support for import yet.

Is it very hard to do? I have a jar file that i need to include.

Thank  you!

fry

Re: Import hAck
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26th, 2003, 1:15am »

if you're on the pc, you should modify the path of jar files that's listed in the run.bat file to include your jar, and then launch using run.bat instead of Proce55ing.exe.

if you're on the mac, you need to run p5 from the command line, and include your jar file in the list of jars.. the command line version is  

Code:
java -cp lib:lib/build:Proce55ing.app/Contents/Resources/Java/pde.jar:Proce55ing. app/Contents/Resources/Java/kjc.jar:Proce55ing.app/Contents/Resources/Ja va/oro.jar:Proce55ing.app/Contents/Resources/Java/comm.jar PdeBase

i haven't tested either method, so i might be missing something, but let us know if it does/doesn't work.

and hopefully your jar doesn't include packages, since that gets a bit uglier

skloopy

Re: Import hAck
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26th, 2003, 5:43am »

The command worked okay and the program opened with the .jar file and everything, but as soon as i tried to create an object defined in the .jar, it couldn't find it. I was trying to import a parser, but maybe for my purposes it's just better to write my own.. It would be nice to be able to use more than one .java file tho.. :^)

ryan

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »