FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Programming Questions & Help
   Programs
(Moderators: fry, REAS)
   Exports blank document, 67 & 68
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: Exports blank document, 67 & 68  (Read 361 times)
katya

Email
Exports blank document, 67 & 68
« on: Mar 31st, 2004, 3:22pm »

Hi-
I have been working on making a piece in processing that pixel-wise is pretty large (1280x854). I made a few the other night, exported them, no problem.  Last night however, I made a new one and it runs fine within processing but when I exported it all I got was a blank window.  After that, when I tried to export ANY sketch I got a blank document. (or specifically a blank square where the image should be and if I clicked on "view source" the wheels of the computer would spin and nothing else happen) The already exported documents worked however.  Now this morning, NONE of my processing pieces are showing up in html windows although they run in the environment.

I did get one "java.lang.out of memory error" come up when I was going through all my already published pieces. Is there a preference I can throw out?

I'm on a G4 notebook, 800 mhz processor, memory 1024 mb, OS X 10.2.8

ANY ideas?  This is actually for my MFA thesis in 3 weeks and I'm trying not to panic.
thanks

katya

katya

Email
Re: Exports blank document, 67 & 68
« Reply #1 on: Apr 1st, 2004, 12:08am »

note to self:
or anyone else who might encounter this problem. I more or less fixed it.
First I threw out the IE folder in library/preferences and restarted.  That got my previously exported ones working.  Then I found that EVERY time I make a change and want to re-export I saved the file as a new name and threw out the applet folder as the applet didn't seem to rewrite itself. (i.e. I once loaded in entirely different jpgs and then when I hit export again the earlier ones showed up, even though in the run mode the correct ones were there). Hopefully I won't have more problems but would be interested to hear if anyone else has had similiar issues.
L8r-
Katya

fry

Re: Exports blank document, 67 & 68
« Reply #2 on: Apr 1st, 2004, 4:06am »

yikes, that's kinda rough.. i've completely stopped using IE in favor of safari, you might have better results with that so long as safari can do what you need. safari's java integration is better than IE's on osx (as opposed to os9, where IE+java was far superior to netscape or anything else).

good luck with your mfa thesis
« Last Edit: Apr 1st, 2004, 4:07am by fry »  
Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »