FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Programming Questions & Help
   Programs
(Moderators: fry, REAS)
   starfi5h
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: starfi5h  (Read 406 times)
rgovostes

rgovostes
starfi5h
« on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 4:05am »

I began working on this project a week and a half ago, and it has given me nothing but problems. It is a Processing port of Mars Saxman's Starfish pattern generation algorithm, which is released under the GPL. I managed to port his C++ without difficulty, but running it is another thing.

Basically, it generates linear and planar waves and applies different modifications to them (inverts them, combines them, multiplies them together). It then uses the waves to create images, which result in beautiful images like these.

My version is different from Mars' original in that it does not allow wrapping images (since the ones generated by the applet are not meant for desktop patterns). In order to make this run, I added some experimental threading code. I also added some debugging messages, which don't format as they should, but at least give you a general idea of how it is running.

Any and all suggestions, improvements (optimizations, additional waves), complaints, et cetra are welcome, appreciated, and thoroughly enjoyed!

rgovostes

rgovostes
code
« Reply #1 on: Jan 3rd, 2004, 4:13am »

The code is too long to post, so I must provide a download link. The file is compressed as .tar.gz with StuffIt; if anyone would like it in a different format, I would be happy to provide it.

Click the starfish to download!

« Last Edit: Jan 3rd, 2004, 4:19am by rgovostes »  
Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »