FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Bugs
   Software Bugs
(Moderator: fry)
   Windows XP Run Failure.
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: Windows XP Run Failure.  (Read 1514 times)
oniseijin

Windows XP Run Failure.
« on: Feb 21st, 2005, 12:46pm »

None of the examples run.  

Windows XP Japanese. 1.4.2 JRE, installed the Standard version of 0.68, and 0.67 failed too.

---------

The export to web works, stopping, loading, saving etc... but nothing runs.  

I can get the processing IDE up and running, and I can verify that the parser works, but when I click run on any of the example, nothing happens.  No other window pops up, and nothing displays in the output window.  

I'd love to debug this, but nothing is displayed. I tried reinstalling, rebooting, checking the classpath and path etc.  

I am sure it is something to do with my system, or what processing assumes about my system, but I have no way to debug.  

The first time ever running it though, I did get an error message saying I ran out of memory, so I modified the run command; however, I reinstalled fresh several times after I could not get anything else to run.  

Stupid question considering this is such widely used, but does 0.68 work out of the box on Windows XP?

Ryan

fry

Re: Windows XP Run Failure.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21st, 2005, 5:58pm »

we get this a lot, so i've just posted more info on this, with some pointers that may help:
http://processing.org/discourse/yabb/board_Proce55ing_software__bugs_action_display_num_1109005089.html

oniseijin

Re: Windows XP Run Failure.
« Reply #2 on: Feb 22nd, 2005, 1:14am »

Thank you. It was the non-ascii characters.  

Ironically just before I checked here, I tested, it still failed, then I moved the folder to a java lib folder, but didn't test it there, but it works now.

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »