FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Bugs
   Software Bugs
(Moderator: fry)
   Out Of Memory Save issue
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: Out Of Memory Save issue  (Read 548 times)
flight404

WWW Email
Out Of Memory Save issue
« on: Jun 17th, 2004, 6:14pm »

I have been running into a problem with v.69 on OSX 10.3.

Working with a sketch that is relatively high drain on the processor, sometimes I run into an outOfMemory error.  I am used to this.  I simply save the file, quit processing, and restart processing and all is well.

But there have been numerous occasions where the outOfMemory error wont let me save successfully.  It seems to save okay, but when I restart processing, I find that my save did not work and I have lost a version.

I tried getting around this by clearing my history and saving to a new file name (so if I am working on project_0 I save as project_1) and still find that my project_1 is not the most recent save but rather a copy of project_0 from one save back.

I will try to get more specific when I notice a trend, but right now, I cannot seem to figure it out.

skloopy

Re: Out Of Memory Save issue
« Reply #1 on: Jun 17th, 2004, 6:30pm »

I've had that happen a lot too. Whenever it does, I always select all and copy, and then when I open P5 again i just paste it back in and save.

flight404

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: Jun 17th, 2004, 6:50pm »

Well, funny you should mention.  I have tried that remedy as well, but...

? try to run applet
? get the out of memory error
? hit save
? get an additional out of memory error
? copy all
? quit processing and restart
? paste all

This doesnt work for me.  I think when I get an out of memory error upon save, it automatically reloads the last saved version so that my copy actually only copies the old version instead of the current one.

r

BTW that was supposed to be a bulleted list, not a question mark one.
« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2004, 6:50pm by flight404 »  
fry

« Reply #3 on: Jun 17th, 2004, 10:27pm »

have you also looked into just bumping up the memory use for processing?

flight404

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: Jun 17th, 2004, 10:43pm »

Yes, I did try that, but it started to cause a different bug to happen more frequently...

http://processing.org/discourse/yabb/board_Proce55ing_software__bugs_action_display_num_1081284410.html

At least it seemed more frequent.  When I changed the memory allocation back to the default, that weird window bug seemed to happen less often.

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »