FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Bugs
   Software Bugs
(Moderator: fry)
   endNet()
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: endNet()  (Read 301 times)
depth

WWW Email
endNet()
« on: Apr 24th, 2004, 12:03am »

has anyone successfully gotten endNet() to work?  be it in public void stop() or on a keypress, i can't seem to successfully terminate a net connection.

when endNet is called, my sketch (i'm running v67 on win98, talking to a server on another machine running OSX) continues to play, but all key and mouse presses are ignored, and i am unable to close the sketch.

if i do try to close the sketch, either with the stop button or the close window [x], nothing happens until i shut down the server.  then everything closes properly.

except...something is still running, somewhere.  every time i do this, the next time i start a sketch, it runs slower.  and then slower the next time.  until it crawls to a stop...seems like something is still running in the background that wasn't properly terminated.

restarting processing seems to clear whatever the memory hog is.

any ideas?

thanks!

fry

Re: endNet()
« Reply #1 on: Apr 26th, 2004, 2:55pm »

net is pretty horked since it hasn't received any love in the last several releases. i've been encouraging people to just use the java networking api instead, until i can get a chance to iron out the issues in the net api.

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »