FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Bugs
   Software Bugs
(Moderator: fry)
   Slowdowns on OS X
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: Slowdowns on OS X  (Read 423 times)
Jerronimo

Slowdowns on OS X
« on: Sep 3rd, 2003, 9:12pm »

I'm running Alpha 0058 on OS X, and when my sketches get large, they seem to slow down the save process.  I'll select 'save', and it'll come back almost immediately with "Done Saving blagh.pde", but it will take up to 5-6 seconds before it removes the squiggle next to the sketch name and lets me edit again.

I recently hit a point on the sketch i'm working on right now where this has reared its head.  before this, it was nice and responsive... now, once I add more code, it slows it down more and more.

I know that Processing isn't really made for larger scripts, but I'd like to finish this game.

(This also showed up with another of my larger sketches i made earlier, so i know it's not just this sketch.)

Do other platforms have this problem?

arielm

Re: Slowdowns on OS X
« Reply #1 on: Sep 3rd, 2003, 9:22pm »

try clearing the history for your problematic sketches, it should help...

Ariel Malka | www.chronotext.org
Jerronimo

« Reply #2 on: Sep 3rd, 2003, 10:15pm »

That did it!  Thanks!

Is there a setting to do like "only remember since the last N saves" or "only remember changes in the past day" or only remember the last N changes" or something like that?

If not, has such a thing been suggested before?

Jerronimo

« Reply #3 on: Sep 3rd, 2003, 10:16pm »

a sidenote; I started using the "external editor" option, which was okay, but it was kind of cumbersome.    It was just awkward going from one window to the other and such.

Yeah... i'm lazy.  shoot me.

thanks again for that suggestion.  

fry

« Reply #4 on: Sep 5th, 2003, 12:21am »

re: external editor.. if you have ideas for how to improve that situation, post in 'suggestions'..

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »