FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Suggestions
   Software Suggestions
(Moderator: fry)
   Video-cameras... more than one?
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: Video-cameras... more than one?  (Read 328 times)
mKoser

WWW Email
Video-cameras... more than one?
« on: Nov 10th, 2003, 2:51am »

Would it be possible to get access to multiple camera's?  

I am thinking something like creating multiple video-objects (from multiple - physical - video/web cameras) which you can access seperatly.

(say, one for tracking infra-red movement, and one for displaying live video-feed).

Please
Mikkel

mikkel crone koser | www.beyondthree.com | http://processing.beyondthree.com
arielm

Re: Video-cameras... more than one?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 10th, 2003, 3:27am »

are you ready to switch to pure java programming (e.g. eclipse and quicktime for java)

i'm not sure if quicktime enables to access multiple video-in devices at a time (makes sense actually), but from what i've experienced from now with "pure java programming" and qt: it's really feasible to "fly-by-oneself", and less complicated than what it sounds...
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2003, 3:38am by arielm »  

Ariel Malka | www.chronotext.org
benelek

35160983516098 WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: Nov 10th, 2003, 7:53am »

Glen pointed this one out a while ago, and we haven't had to use it in a while (since video support became part of p5). but it might allow you to access mutliple cameras within p5.

http://www.webcam2000.info/

fry

« Reply #3 on: Nov 10th, 2003, 4:40pm »

ideally this would be a feature of the new video classes when they get broken out of p5. i'll keep it in mind when i do the next rev of the video stuff.

i think that qtjava has the ability to do this, however it might involve something clunky, like bringing up a native dialog to select each of the cameras individually. but i don't actually know offhand.

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »