FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Suggestions
   Software Suggestions
(Moderator: fry)
   putting p5 classes into a package
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: putting p5 classes into a package  (Read 361 times)
fli

putting p5 classes into a package
« on: May 14th, 2003, 12:31pm »

I'm wondering if it would be better in the long run to start moving the p5 classes into a specific package, as the Java Language Spec does not specify how the implementation should support unnamed packages:

"An implementation of the Java platform must support at least one unnamed package; it may support more than one unnamed package but is not required to do so. Which compilation units are in each unnamed package is determined by the host system."

I think this is causing me some problems in writing some library classes that I want to put into my own package.  When I try to compile the code, the compiler cannot find "BApplet" and other p5 classes- even though I have put all the p5 classes into a jar file which I specify explicitly on the classpath.

Only when I remove the package declaration from my classes, putting them also into the unnamed package, will it compile...

Any thoughts to a package like:

net.processing.bagel.*

?

Francis

fry

Re: putting p5 classes into a package
« Reply #1 on: May 20th, 2003, 7:49pm »

yeah, we'll probably have to do this in the future, but for the time being, it's low priority since we're not really supporting the use of the api outside the p5 environment itself.

fry

Re: putting p5 classes into a package
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21st, 2004, 7:59pm »

this will be in the release that has the new multi-file ide, prolly rev 69 or 70.

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »