FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Suggestions
   Software Suggestions
(Moderator: fry)
   improved html generation / possible plugin?
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: improved html generation / possible plugin?  (Read 479 times)
mmuday

improved html generation / possible plugin?
« on: Jan 29th, 2003, 3:08pm »

I'm thinking about putting a little bit of time into making a customizable html generator for the export to web feature.  I'm also considering adding a bit of code to blow the files out to a web server via ftp.

Let me know if you're interested in seeing this after it's done.

Y'know, it would be really cool if this could be a plugin to the proce55ing application.  Are there any plans to make some sort of plugin hooks available?  (note: I may be taking the role of Creeping Feature here)

- mark -at- figuresix.com

m.r.b.
Email
Re: improved html generation / possible plugin?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29th, 2003, 8:07pm »

i think it would be pretty interesting if you could define the basics of the web output in a text file, like text size, font, bgcolor, border/noborder, etc.

mrb

fry

Re: improved html generation / possible plugin?
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30th, 2003, 3:21am »

yeah, i paused briefly while putting in the new default html for the export to consider whether i should just make it read from a template .html file from the lib directory or something like that. sounds like that might be useful in the future.

as for the ftp plugin, that'd be fun. we hope to have an interface for doing this sort of thing in the future (color pickers, etc) so that everyone can creep their own features all they want  

i'm guessing a simple way to do the ftp plugin would be to employ the ftp library that's buried in the sun.* classes, and have a function take a File object which was the 'applet' folder containing the sketch. this could be nice to have built into p5 (ala dreamweaver), so maybe we can chat off the bboard about specifics if you're interested in getting it into the environment. drop me an email (fry at media.mit.edu) if you're interested or once you have something going.

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »