FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Discussion
   Events, Publications, Propaganda
(Moderator: REAS)
   Workshops in Slovenia & Latvia
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: Workshops in Slovenia & Latvia  (Read 482 times)
amoeba

Workshops in Slovenia & Latvia
« on: Apr 11th, 2004, 11:30am »

I will do a "Processing 101" workshop and public presentation at the Magdalena festival in Maribor, Slovena, May 13-14. Magdalena is a young festival for highlighting young talents in creative communication, with an interesting position between east and west.

The RAM 5: Open Source Media Architecture workshop in Riga May 4-9 will deal with the idea of Open Source in the practice of architecture, locative art and streaming media. I will be there representing the Processing massive.
« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2004, 10:20am by amoeba »  

marius watz // amoeba
http://processing.unlekker.net/
REAS

Re: Workshops in Slovenia & Latvia
« Reply #1 on: Apr 11th, 2004, 11:49pm »

that's very great news! thanks for sharing.

amoeba

« Reply #2 on: May 1st, 2004, 9:36pm »

Registration for the "Processing 101" workshop in Maribor, Slovena has now begun. See the Magdalena Festival website for details.  

The dates are May 13 & 14, entry fee charged by the festival is 75 EUR. Workshop description as follows:

"New media demand new literacy. Working creatively with digital media without basic understanding of programming is to work with a blind spot. This workshop will show participants how to think about form in a computational way. The goal is to make people play with programming while providing them with new tools for their creative processes."
« Last Edit: May 1st, 2004, 9:38pm by amoeba »  

marius watz // amoeba
http://processing.unlekker.net/
REAS

« Reply #3 on: May 1st, 2004, 10:51pm »

Thanks for the update Marius. I've added to the homepage of the site. We're working on the website so hopefully you will be able to add this yourself in the future. Please say hello to Jonah, Katherine, Usman, and Jaromil.

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »