FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Discussion
   Events, Publications, Propaganda
(Moderator: REAS)
   Processing @ SIGGRAPH Manila
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: Processing @ SIGGRAPH Manila  (Read 670 times)
Martin

122417302122417302martingomez_listsmg1ph WWW Email
Processing @ SIGGRAPH Manila
« on: Feb 11th, 2004, 5:03pm »

SIGGRAPH Manila
February 20, 2004
Ateneo de Manila University

Processing will be presented in one of the technical sessions and in discussions with senior SIGGRAPH officers.

SIGGRAPH Manila is the visit of ACM SIGGRAPH's senior delegates exploring ideas on computer graphics and interactive techniques together with the Filipino design community.

Academe | Government | Industry | Non-Profit

Participating Organizations include ACM SIGGRAPH, Ateneo de Manila University, DLSU - College of St. Benilde, Advanced Science and Technology Institute / DOST, Fiera de Manila / GraphicExpo, University of the Philippines - Diliman, Ateneo Java Wireless Competency Center, CompSAt, iAteneo

The event will be webcast live in provinces north of Manila hosted by corresponding universities. Webcast is provided by Bitstop.

http://decode.ateneo.edu/
« Last Edit: Feb 11th, 2004, 6:30pm by Martin »  
REAS

Re: Processing @ SIGGRAPH Manila
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12th, 2004, 4:56am »

Great news. Are you presenting? Good luck. Processing was presented in the Sketches & Applications session at Siggraph 2003 in San Diego last year as well. I found most of the audiences to not be "tuned in" to what we are trying to do. Please let us know the reaction.

Martin

« Reply #2 on: Feb 12th, 2004, 6:33pm »

Thanks. Yup. I'll be presenting. I understand that a number of the audiences might not be tuned in probably because a number might come from technical backgrounds. More often than not, they'll look at Processing's technical capabilities rather than it's worth.  

Anyway, some of the sessions have titles/topics such as Real-time High Fidelity Graphics for Archeological Site Reconstructions (Alan Chalmers, Uni of Bristol, UK), Extracting 3D Models from 2D Sketches (Y.T. Lee, NTU, Singapore), shadow rendering (Eric Vidal, Ateneo), image processing using digital signal processing (Uni of the Philippines - Diliman), Towards Hybrid Engineer-Designers in the Philippines (Martin Gomez, Ateneo), and a whole lot more. Right before my presentation, Alain Chesnais, SIGGRAPH's incumbent President will give a talk on current trends in computer graphics from both the software and the hardware perspective. Welcome remarks to be delivered by Fr. Bienvenido Nebres, SJ, Ateneo de Manila University President.

I shall post the final programme and itinerary up on the web soon.

This is all very exciting.

And yes, I will let you know the reaction.
« Last Edit: Feb 18th, 2004, 1:16pm by Martin »  
Martin

« Reply #3 on: Feb 12th, 2004, 8:27pm »

Programme/itinerary, info and profiles are up.
http://decode.ateneo.edu/siggraph/

Martin

« Reply #4 on: Feb 19th, 2004, 4:33pm »

The Ateneo Art Gallery, the country's first museum of modern art, is pleased to announce a first in Philippine museum, art education and Internet history

Meeting of Minds: Siggraph Manila -- WEBCAST LIVE!!

10 am -- 5 :30 pm   Philippine Standard Time (GMT +

Friday, 20 February 2004

Be a part of this one-day symposium of local art and computer graphic "activists" and the senior delegation of ACM SIGGRAPH, the world's leading organization dedicated to the generation and dissemination of information on computer graphics and interactive techniques, from wherever you are on the planet!

The program includes a plenary session, technical seminars and two ArtSpeak lectures at the Gallery. Simply point your browser to the university art museum's online gallery/ virtual exhibition space:

http://decode.ateneo.edu

A bulletin board has also been set up to field questions to the SIGGRAPH Manila speakers. This may be accessed through:

http://www.kuro.ph

In the future, all exhibition and public programs in the Gallery will be webcast live as a public service, providing those who are unable to come to the Ateneo with the opportunity to see our art displays, and to participate in all of our events!

The Siggraph Manila webcast is powered by Bitstop Network Services, in cooperation with the Ateneo Campus Network Group.

Martin

« Reply #5 on: Feb 23rd, 2004, 4:30pm »

I'll post up a report soon but initial reaction for the senior SIGGRAPH delegation regarding Processing presentation, et al: Too much things going on, where's the focus? On the other hand, this reflects a high level of activity in the region.

Am still recovering from the SIGGRAPH syndrome... trying to get back to earth.
« Last Edit: Feb 23rd, 2004, 4:34pm by Martin »  
Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »