FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Discussion
   Events, Publications, Propaganda
(Moderator: REAS)
   P5 Artist in Belgium
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: P5 Artist in Belgium  (Read 585 times)
Martin

122417302122417302martingomez_listsmg1ph WWW Email
P5 Artist in Belgium
« on: Jun 13th, 2003, 7:37am »

// June 27,28 2003

Josh Nimoy gives talk about new works at Nieuwpoorttheater in Brussels Belgium.

BIO:

designer / artist / software developer, working in New York City. Josh holds a B.A. in Design | Media Arts from UCLA, and currently attends the Interactive Telecommunications Program at New York University as a graduate student. In 1999, he was a visiting undergraduate researcher at the MIT Media Lab, where he worked under Professor John Maeda in the Aesthetics and Computation Group. His work ranges from traditional print pieces to highly experimental concept, for example, robotic typography and a cellphone operated drawing canvas. Nimoy's work is playful in nature, and grounded in a working knowledge of technologies. At the age of 15, Nimoy began to couple his fine arts education with insomniac computer hacking. Now adays, he utilizes his unconventional programming skills as a means of creative expression. He remains aware of the physical world around him more than ever, as his recent works are built from microchips and wires - as physical pieces. His most famous piece, "Textension" is a collection of 10 experimental virtual typewriters that showed in several places in Europe and the States. Nimoy is currently working with the New York design firm, "Pentagram" on their upcoming interactive retrospective.

More information at www.jtnimoy.com

---------

june 27,28 evenings

---------

Nieuwpoorttheater
Visserij 107
9000 Gent

info@nieuwpoorttheater.org
http://www.nieuwpoorttheater.org/

32 9 223 00 00

---------

Processing

WWW Email
Re: P5 Artist in Belgium
« Reply #1 on: Jun 14th, 2003, 11:23am »

Have a great presentation Josh! Feel free to post your events here in the future. How will Processing be discussed during the presentation?

Josh Nimoy

jtnimoy WWW Email
Re: P5 Artist in Belgium
« Reply #2 on: Jun 18th, 2003, 8:43am »

Hi & thank you for welcoming me to post events.

> How will Processing be discussed during the presentation?  

I am an eager supporter of Processing and its surrounding teaching philosophies. I usually recommend that people use P5 for their projects. In brussels, I'll be presenting a P5 piece done with Napier (just emailed it to Reas). It's mainly a talk about how I want to start doing more Typography work.

take care
-josh

Josh Nimoy

jtnimoy WWW Email
all is well
« Reply #3 on: Jul 1st, 2003, 11:24am »

I am back in the states now. The Belgium talk went really well. There were two nights at the theater in Gent, and on the second night, I finished my presentation early and gave a beginner tutorial in Processing!

While I was there, I was asked to come back to Brussels in the future to give an extended Processing workshop/seminar; possibly with a conceptual focus on ways we might modernize abstract minimal formalism. So it will be De Stijl/Neo-Plasticism via Processing. If there is anyone who has pieces they feel falls into this niche, or responds to the work of Vantongerloo, Mondrian, Doesberg, Rieveld, Oud - or even the Bauhaus, please contact me. I would like to formulate an album of examples.

//jtn

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »