FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Topics & Contributions
   Beyond Categories
(Moderator: REAS)
   P5 screenGrabbing
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: P5 screenGrabbing  (Read 952 times)
flight404

WWW Email
P5 screenGrabbing
« on: Jul 2nd, 2003, 6:45am »

For the Flash Forward Film Festival (July 9-11, NYC), one of the sites we (the Barbarian Group) made for Volkswagen is up for an award.  Part of the festivities includes making a 45 second trailer to show during the award show.

All the effects with created with Processing.  The screenGrabs were made into movies using quicktime and finally merged with After Effects. The final trailer can be viewed here...

www.flight404.com/touareg/trailer.mov
(WARNING, IT IS 30 MEGS)

Because this version is not fully compressed, on slower machines, the frames will drop to keep up with the audio.  A stuffed version is available at...

www.flight404.com/touareg/trailer.mov.sit

... for download though it is only 5 Megs smaller than the unstuffed version.

Thank you Casey, Ben, and all those associated with developing Processing.  What great fun.
« Last Edit: Jul 2nd, 2003, 6:50am by flight404 »  
arielm

Re: P5 screenGrabbing
« Reply #1 on: Jul 2nd, 2003, 9:25am »

the innocent audience is sitting, watching another flash intro... suddenly, a subversive new technology is throwing a huge coffee bean in the pond...

a subliminal 25th frame featuring two big fives was later discovered by the enquiry commission but it remains a mystery till today...

(it's no-emoticons days today, so i'm not using them)

Ariel Malka | www.chronotext.org
REAS

Re: P5 screenGrabbing
« Reply #2 on: Jul 2nd, 2003, 7:03pm »

Processing made some appearances at the OFFF in Barcelona this past May via the presentations of Manny Tan and James Patterson. I'm happy to see it will be making its way to my old town NYC as well.

+ Casey

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »