FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Topics & Contributions
   Simulation, Artificial Life
(Moderator: REAS)
   you implode/explode me
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: you implode/explode me  (Read 747 times)
Bijeoma

myloveiloved
you implode/explode me
« on: Oct 17th, 2003, 6:54am »

ive done numerious sketches since my last few posts, including the love hate series (still playing with) koenie talks about. ive just been reluctant to post any of them. i was waiting till i got some type of site up, but then i realized well.. that wont be happening anytime soon. so i decided to post this sketch based on the "node garden" concept presented on bit101's site.  

www.rit.edu/~bei6453/p5/nodes_4/

instructions:
press space to toggle fill
hold to make the fill flicker

comments:
the radii are not determined randomly as many have assumed. the radii parameters are based on distance, and ropes are communication links. the communicating nodes react by changing radii and color. this reaction is then recorded and displayed as a gradually increasing ellipse, as if the two nodes collided and had exploded. i plan to add alot more but thought id post this anyhow. to show development stages.

all comments and suggestions welcome. enjoy.

bryan
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2003, 4:10pm by Bijeoma »  
Koenie

170825270170825270koeniedesign WWW Email
Re: you implode/explode me
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17th, 2003, 11:57am »

This is really cool! It still looks kinda random to me, even after reading the comments. hmm....
anyways, it's really beautiful.

Koenie

http://koeniedesign.com
Bijeoma

myloveiloved
Re: you implode/explode me
« Reply #2 on: Oct 18th, 2003, 6:42am »

thanks koen. well yah i suppose it does. but if you watch the points as they near each other their sourrounding circles get bigger. the movement direction stays constant and wraps the screen. theres just so much going i suppose that it looks random perhaps.

bryan

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »