FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Topics & Contributions
   Tangible Computing
(Moderator: REAS)
   Interface with pen device!
« No topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 2 
   Author  Topic: Interface with pen device!  (Read 8341 times)
mKoser

WWW Email
Re: Interface with pen device!
« Reply #15 on: Oct 29th, 2003, 11:45am »

I have just updated the code example I posted above .. It is now using Amit's JWinTab_v2

http://proce55ing.beyondthree.com/?chapter=tutorial&project=wacomboa rd

+ mikkel

mikkel crone koser | www.beyondthree.com | http://processing.beyondthree.com
pitaru

WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: Nov 4th, 2003, 8:49pm »

guys - sorry for the delay. Sonia has taken all my time. i'll get the source code organized and post it soon. its just not in a good state to look at.

-amit

jamel

Email
« Reply #17 on: Dec 8th, 2003, 4:48am »

Still waiting for the src-files of jwintab_v2.  

Nicolas HEMONIC
Email
« Reply #18 on: May 7th, 2004, 9:06am »

Hi all!

I am making an applet which aim is to capture the signature on the client workstation.
I am using for the moment the jwintab.dll to retrieve the WACOm tablet informations. It works perfectly until I want to relaunch the process (first open = 1, first close = 1 but the second open gives -1).

I download your jwintab_v2.dll but I do not succeed in founding the open method in the dll since I have not the source file of the dll. In fact, I do not know the java class name (jwintab.class?) and its package.

Could you send me the jwintab.c and .h file please?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards,

Nicolas

Nicolas HEMONIC
Email
« Reply #19 on: May 7th, 2004, 9:52am »

Hi,

I have made some more tests and I see that the getVersion, close and getPacket run well...
It's only the open method that fails.
Apparently, I have to add a parameter to the open method. Do you know which one?

BR

Nicolas

Nicolas HEMONIC
Email
« Reply #20 on: May 7th, 2004, 10:55am »

Hi,
I found what the new parameter has to be: it's an int parameter. I do not know at all what it makes reference to, but by putting 0 it works fine.

The problem is that I still get my error when I relaunch the process:
The first open gives: 1
The first close gives: 1
the second open gives: -1

Do you know where this error comes from?

Thanks in advance for your help

Nicolas

md

« Reply #21 on: May 15th, 2004, 9:35pm »

You can find Jwintab src files from Jun Rekimoto's site: http://www.csl.sony.co.jp/person/rekimoto/java/jwintab

I've been working for a mac version of Jwintab, but it seems that work is going ahead of my experiments so I have to delay that

But you can try this one, which came along the project with the help of Pitaru.

http://www.life-size.org/p5/jwintab_v3_beta.zip

Rename the file jwintab_v3_beta.dll to jwintab.dll and replace the old.

The v3 dll uses the same methods than the original from Rekimoto.
No parameter is needed for the open method.

Let me know if it works right for you this time?
-m

« Last Edit: May 15th, 2004, 9:42pm by md »  
poema

« Reply #22 on: Apr 12th, 2005, 11:54am »

I've downloaded the zip file but I have no idea how I can execute the file?

Can somebody post a java file that imports de dll and jar file?

cello

marcello3d WWW
« Reply #23 on: Apr 12th, 2005, 6:07pm »

Might want to check out my JTablet project instead.  It also works with Java applets.

http://cellosoft.com/sketchstudio/

I am still looking for people to finish the mac/linux ports (framework code is there already, just need the 'guts').

Marcello

cera

« Reply #24 on: Apr 15th, 2005, 11:18pm »

i'm trying to get pressure sensitivity to register in processing using a hp compaq tc1100 tablet pc under windows xp 2005 tablet edition (although eventually i'd like to get it running under linux... i got fedora core 3 installed properly, but so far i've been too pre-occupied with other tasks to get around installing all the necessary drivers)

at any rate, from my experience with the wacom external for max & the example applets included with jTablet, the tablet acts exactly like a wacom tablet, except that there are fewer levels of pressure sensitivity & no tilt response, just as the specs on wacom's site say...  

marcello, would you be willing to post some information on how to use jTablet with processing?
i'm new to processing (and java for that matter), but i have the feeling that one would have to use "java mode" (not yet available) to incorporate jtablet into a sketch?
or do you mean you would embed a sketch into a applet that also contains the jTablet code?

fwiw, i'm primarily interested in using processing to develop full-screen java apps for use on a tablet pc in a multimedia performance environment, so running inside a browser isn't really ideal...

i noticed that pitaru's sonic wire sculptor (which, according to the license, is based on jTablet & processing) works, in that it will launch & play the correct notes & whatnot, but doesn't respond to pressure sensitivity (and thus the volume controls are disabled, if i understand correctly) despite the fact that the two test files included with jtablet worked flawlessly... not sure why, but i thought i'd pass on the info...

i also tried using Jwintab (1, 2 & 3), but as soon as i run a sketch with Jwintab in its code folder, the java window comes up and freezes immediately... even if the sketch doesn't make any reference to the tablet object -- so if anyone can offer any suggestions for getting Jwintab to work, that would be great too...

thanks in advance,
-mk

Pages: 1 2 

« No topic | Next topic »