FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Discussion
   Community, Collaboration, Status
(Moderator: REAS)
   French Reference Translation...
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 2 
   Author  Topic: French Reference Translation...  (Read 1820 times)
TomC

Re: French Reference Translation...
« Reply #15 on: Aug 6th, 2004, 1:09pm »

The "Pr()ces51ng Envir()nm3nt"

Wow, glad that had been narrowed to just the '55' bit of proce55ing by the time I found it  (It would have been enough to scare me off, for sure).  For those who need it, maybe you should add 1337 to the translation list? (It's good enough for google http://www.google.com/intl/xx-hacker/)
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2004, 1:11pm by TomC »  
v3ga

WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: Aug 6th, 2004, 4:05pm »

Ariel, this is a secret

(By the way, this secret is so well-kept that I don't even remember the origin of the pseudonym)

http://v3ga.net
arielm

« Reply #17 on: Aug 8th, 2004, 1:31am »

well, zen enough for me v3ga (keeping things open, good for imagination etc...)

now... concerning koenie's historical discovery:

very cool indeed, all this gives a similar feeling as watching new-wave clips from the 80's!

and it sheds a totally new light on why ben (& casey?) wanted so much at some point to dis-associate processing from the 55 brand line

Ariel Malka | www.chronotext.org
gll

WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: Aug 12th, 2004, 1:50am »

Really psycotronik!

Someone told me about this page, but I tought that it was a Joke. C'est comme si vous ajoutiez une dimension à mon Navigateur.

From P5) to megaBu(ke+, could someone tell me what is a MegaBucket?, so I could translate. At first, I tought it was SuperSmallCow.?

Le SuperMégaPichet? (You know, in French we add a little bit more...)

guillaume LaBelle
TomC

« Reply #19 on: Aug 12th, 2004, 2:44pm »

I think megabucket originates from KFC.  If I recall correctly (and I probably don't, because I never had one, and I'm vegetarian so it scares the hell out of me) a KFC megabucket was 10 pieces of chicken, 4 portions of fries and a bottle of pepsi.  It was a family thing.

People also use (mega)bucket to refer to a large batch of items, often on special offer.  e.g. this joke page refers to a bucket-o-ipods http://www.crazyapplerumors.com/2003_05_18_archive.htm#200312013  (It's bucket-o-xxx as in "bucket of").

So if you're translating, you need a French equivalent to describe something which is abundant, cheap, large, and desirable I guess

How does bucket translate to cow, by the way?

gll

WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: Aug 12th, 2004, 9:35pm »

Bucket, in Québec, is something that farmers puts on their girdles to have a fresh Country look (like Eagles in flames or Screaming).

We also say Garçon (a Boy), and Garçonet (small boy) or
(girl) Fille-Fillette.

Then, a Buck (une vache), Bucket (petiteVache/SmallBuck).

Directly Translated, it doesn't make sense (mégaSceau). It would be something like "MégaPaquet".

MégaBucket?

guillaume LaBelle
Pages: 1 2 

« Previous topic | Next topic »