FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Bugs
   Bug Fixes, Implemented Suggestions
(Moderator: fry)
   multiple JAR export
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: multiple JAR export  (Read 1085 times)
pitaru

WWW Email
multiple JAR export
« on: Oct 28th, 2003, 3:10am »

hey ben, it seems that if i have more than one JAR file in my code directory, only the first of the bunch will be included in the applet export.

fry

Re: multiple JAR export
« Reply #1 on: Oct 28th, 2003, 6:30am »

i just tested this and it seemed to be ok (though i believe you that it's broken.. i don't quite trust that code..). can you zip up a sketch folder that you're having the problem with and post it?

fry

« Reply #2 on: Oct 28th, 2003, 6:31am »

btw, i was about to post 67, but i'm holding off until this can be tracked down and fixed.

arielm

« Reply #3 on: Oct 28th, 2003, 10:25am »

just a suggestion:

when multiple jars are present in the code folder, wouldn't it be simplier / more modular to just copy them to the exported applet folder (i.e. instead of including them into the sketch's jar) and link them (comma-separated) through the applet's archive attribute in the the html host page?

i know that it works well both with ms and sun VMs on windows (but what about mac?)
« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2003, 10:26am by arielm »  

Ariel Malka | www.chronotext.org
pitaru

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: Oct 28th, 2003, 2:10pm »

several Sonia users mentioned that they can't export their apps, so i traced it to the problem with the jsyn and Sonia jars (and any other multiple jars on my machine). Can you test Sonia it on your machine? I'll email you the sketch.

btw - is processing looking for manifest info?

fry

« Reply #5 on: Oct 28th, 2003, 3:00pm »

on Oct 28th, 2003, 10:25am, arielm wrote:
just a suggestion:

when multiple jars are present in the code folder, wouldn't it be simplier / more modular to just copy them to the exported applet folder (i.e. instead of including them into the sketch's jar) and link them (comma-separated) through the applet's archive attribute in the the html host page

i know that it works well both with ms and sun VMs on windows (but what about mac)

this would be much preferred if it can be proven to work smoothly with the different VMs. in the past it didn't, but my information on this one might be too old.  

if someone were willing to test across the different platforms, or at least provide example sites that are doing such a thing, i'd be open to switching.

fry

« Reply #6 on: Oct 28th, 2003, 3:16pm »

k, found and fixed this bug. it was dying because it wasn't properly ignoring the manifest information, so it was dying when a duplicate manifest was being added to the file.  

thanks for all the reporting..

Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »