Live Video Streaming

i have a problem, when i live stream my video ,it will record but when i make it stop . it will make all my program hang and then i need to reset . can anyone of you let me know how i can overcome with this issue and it will not disturbed my other code and work perfectly

void keyPressed() {

if (keyCode == 32) {

try {

enc.finish();
} 
catch (IOException e) {

e.printStackTrace();
}

}

}

Tagged:

Answers

• Answer ✓

Format your code. Edit your post, select code and hit ctrl+o.

Kf

• Answer ✓

I guess you make it stop when you press ENTER or are you referring to when you make a click? When you press ENTER (I believe that is what 32 is referring to) you are calling enc.finish() but your draw method is still accessing your encoder. I would suggest removing your mouse action and make sure recording is set to false before you call end.finish().

I can't test your code but try:

void keyPressed() {

if (key == ENTER) {
        recording=false;   //  **  CHANGE: ADDED
        try {
          enc.finish();
        } 
        catch (IOException e) {
          e.printStackTrace();
        }
      }

}

Kf

• Thank You Kfrajer . The way you suggest me with that my problem solved now .

• may i know one more thing. if i want to make something like " look at " (trekking object ,locking it and then make my camera follow that object automatically ). can you guide me on that ?

• @James_Anderson -- please format your code. Edit your post (gear icon on upper right), highlight code and hit ctrl+o, save.

• Answer ✓

@James_Anderson

trekking object ,locking it and then make my camera follow that object automatically

Create a new post with your question. You might get hints, maybe code. Also, it is important to format your code.

Kf

• @jeremydouglass : thanks and i format my code now . and thanks Kfrajer for your suggestion . will make new post on that. thank you both