Forum: Text, Code & Image

edited May 2016 in General

Hi forum Admins, New forum's looks and feels is good but it is frustrating too when you post any discussion. I don't know about the others but I have faced these problem while posting any discussion:

• Don't know how to bullet text
  • How to post code ( but I have learned it now)
  • How to insert image in the post
  • How to quote text
  • How to re-size text or highlight text with colors

It was easy and intuitive in old forum but here it is very frustrating and annoying ... ~X( ~X( ~X( Please either make it as it was in old forum or please tell us how to do these things

Thanks

Tagged:

Answers

• Answer ✓

Hey, i think we are providing a lot to make that easy to get into for you already ... but since you asked:

• here is a discussion that has a summary at the top
    • use the buttons above the textarea to format selected text
    • underneath the textarea there is a link to the markdown wikipedia page that has all the syntax you need
  • Answer ✓

Re: adding images. Normally you would host the images yourself somewhere and then just link to them from here. I'm looking into a file upload plugin, but the one available needs work ...

• edited October 2013

Thanks Fjen! see in this I have tried image insertion but it is not working in this thread And can you make it as simple it was .. that would be great but thanks again >:D<

• Answer ✓

That is because in that thread you are linking to a website not the image itself ... the image would need to look like:

![alt text](http://s18.postimg.org/9tkr13ge1/Untitled.jpg)

alt text

• edited October 2013

Fjen can you answer my Question part I , if it is your area of expertise, in the same thread because nobody seems to answer me. The problem explanation I have extended to Question part II linked forum. Please give me some suggestions if you can .... thanks