Short term project work (PAID): OpenCV / Rasterisation / Arrays / Motor Control / Arduino

Hello Guys and Gals,

I'm currently looking for a freelance programmer to hire who can help with a project of mine!

This may be an on-going role for the right person but initially will be short term paid work, but first, a little about the project!

I am in need of a program (GUI preferably) that can rip a Height map from a 3D engines and Topographical programs (Unity/Cryengine/Unreal/Google Earth ect), and convert this height map into a Gray-scale Array.

I then need this Array of '0-255' values to be sent to a Grid of Motors as an overlay. This Array data needs to scale (bigger/smaller) to the Motor Grid. It also needs to 'average' out the values over each Grid if there are too many Values for one Grid square.

This Data should be sent automatically to the Grid squares as soon as processed.

Similar to this example below, the first third represents a Height map from a program, second third the Gray-scale array and the far right third as a Grid of Motors, with the 0-255 values accordingly.

lincoln_pixel_values

If you know you're able to do this, or know someone who is... Get them to message me either on this forum or at bdotthompsonatoutlookdotcom

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Thanks for your time!

Ben.

Comments

• Is the motors grid a physical thing like the motorized faders on a mixer?
    And has it already been built or going to be custom built?
    The height map is probably already a grayscale array in most engines, finding where and when and how to read could be tricky though. I don't have the expertise to plan this thing out but if you got some tedious work involved that just involves "soldering stuff together from a scheme" literally or figuratively then I might be interested in helping, unpaid ofcourse

• Can you send me the height map file and the image source? I want to try convert it.

My email is rogerio.bego@hotmail.com

I do not know topographical programs (Unity/Cryengine/Unreal/..).

If you have the structure of the height map file will be great, if don't I will try to find it on the internet.