How to use the Video library with eclipse ?

edited March 2015 in Questions about Tools

Hello !

The Movie object works fine if I use Processing IDE but I can't get it working with eclipse, and I really don't know what I can do...

I copy/paste the jars & dll-folders in my project. I added them to the build path using the button "add jars" and targetting the jars located in my project

But it doesn't work, don't know why...

Here is a screen capture with my file-structure and the error message.

I already searched on the internet for a solution. I found a lot of people who had issues with Movie & Eclipse but nobody had exactly my error-message and I didn't find any solution yet...

Thank you !

(I'm using Windows 7 64bits)

Tagged:

Answers

• Nobody knows how to read a video with Processing from Eclipse ? Really ?

In most of cases, when a question has no answer, the problem come from the question. Please tell me what's wrong with my question to be able to progress a bit...

I "learned" how to use Eclipse while I was learning Processing, not so long time ago . I already used some external libraries on Eclipse without any problem, but here I really don't know what to do and I really need some help...

Please help me !

Thanks !

• Moved to Questions about Tools, since the issue is specific to Eclipse.

And have you tried to search the forum, particularly this category? I recall somebody having a similar issue recently.

• Hello PhiLho Thank you for your message and because you move the subject in the appropriate section.

I obviously tryed to searched on the forum, google, stackoverflow, etc... but I didn't find any solution to my problem. Concerning the search on the Processing forum, I don't know why but since the forum updated, I can see only the first page of every section (and concerning the search field in the top of the page, it give me irrelevant results most of the time...)

"I recall somebody having a similar issue recently." Can you send me the link to the page because as I said, since the last forum update, I'm not able to see the buttons to the next/previous page of results.

Thank you !

• You can go to a category to see the topics relevant to it (if people care to choose the right one, or if moderators moved them...).
    • As I repeat frequently, don't use the search from the forum itself, search from the main page of the site: it isn't limited to this version of the forum, and it is more thorough.
  • edited March 2015

Hello PhilHo

"don't use the search from the forum itself, search from the main page of the site: it isn't limited to this version of the forum, and it is more thorough"

Oh ok ! Thank you for the tips :)

"You can go to a category to see the topics relevant to it "

I went to the category "question about tool" and I think I found the subject you spoke about before, but it didn't help me : I already added the 3 jars in my build path. I tryed to remove the one called "jna" because I already had a jar called "jna" in my project, but it didn't change anything...

I will try to search from the main page

PS : can you also see only the first page of each category or it's just me ? It's frustrating ! :)

• Take a look at Forum is back up after security update, it explains why the forum has problems currently, and if you are patient enough to read everything, you will see a tip to change page... :-)
    TL;DR: add /p2, /p3 etc. to get the next pages. Not friendly, but works.

You found the topic, which is on the first page of the category anyway. Indeed, the OP is a bit "light" on what worked for you, but perhaps you can ask a question in the topic to ask him how he made it work.

• Answer ✓

@tlecoz::

i could run videos in eclipse/processing 2+ but it is not so simple to do... 1) you create your project as usually, then add the jars to build path and import the video lib (import processing.video.Movie;) 2) create a data folder with eclipse, inside your src folder (dont copy manually the processing data folder!) 3) put your videos inside it, refresh, clean: you must see your files into package explorer 4) as for me i had also to add the gstreamer dynlibs to the library folder in the eclipse project, or i get an not found error with gstreamer-10 then it runs i think it could be more simple with processing 1.5, i 'll have a look...

• edited September 2016

Does this require other jars than core.jar? edit: It does (in the documents/libraries/video folder for me)