Signing

edited December 2014 in Android Mode

The "Export Signed Package" button is now active, but I get the error. "java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/Applications/Processing.app/Contents/PlugIns/jdk1.7.0_55.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/bin/keytool": error=2, No such file or directory"

When I look, this file is indeed missing. Did I miss a step somehow? Or is this feature still not ready for prime time? mac 10.9.5 Processing 2.2.1

Tagged:

Answers

• Okay, so I found "keytool" in Library/java/ and moved a copy into /Applications/Processing.app/Contents/PlugIns/jdk1.7.0_55.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/bin/ But now I'm getting a long list of java.lang.Exception errors. My Java is version 8, update 25 Anyone got this working, or see the same error?

• Which version has "Export Signed Package".... I didn't know that was available ... great if it is!

• I'm on Processing 2.2.1 with the latest andriod mode Mode.

• Thanks I'm still on 2.0.3 so perhaps time for me to update...

• OK, have 2.2.1 running and export apk starts but ...

error message told me that zipalign was missing from build tools 17.0.0, so I copied it from another build tools folder (20.0.0). That let the process finish but I now have a bin folder with a whole load of files and not a zipped .apk ??

I guess a specific version of zipalign is needed?

• you got further than me it seems. You on a mac or PC? I'll try moving zipaligns too and see if that helps.

• I'm on a Win7 PC. The folder full of files includes one that is the signed apk... all the others seem redundant, but are perhaps of use to those who know what they are doing :) ?

This all worked for a smallish project but I have another quite large (~7000 lines of code) project too that got stuck right at the end of the process... all compiling worked and it got past the final stage (password check) but then just hung there... left it for about an hour...? So for that I will carry on using AIDE using an exported android project. A bit if a nuisance, but at least it works.

Good luck!