Heads-up: New version of the Video library available for testing

edited November 2017 in Library Questions

We have a version of the Video library for you to try out, that switches from the ancient version of GStreamer 0.10 to the latest GStreamer 1.12. This could potentially solve a number of issues people were having with the library - it definitely eases installation on Linux, as few distributions were still carrying the required old version of GStreamer.

See the details, including a link to the ZIP file to download here: https://github.com/processing/processing-video/pull/84

Note: I am currently only interested in hearing about regressions you experience with the test version - that is: things that worked in the released version of the library, but not in this test version. I currently don't have time to deal with general issues with the library - one step at a time!

Tagged:

Comments

• edited December 2017

Congratulas !

I guess using Java 8 and pass the bytes directly too OpenGL is to easy :)

• Congratulation and to wish you the very best for the New Year.

You made my day.

Tested on the latest Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) 64-bit in an VBox Environment.

Next test will be on Raspberry X86.

F41ardu

• any update on whether this version solves the camera in list b ut doesn't read image problems. these were apparently due to the only supporting cameras that install as image devices and not under Sound , Game controller in device manager.

How do i replace my current Video lib with the new one so it get imported and how can i tell Processing is using it and not the older version?

Thanks

• my processing video lib is under c:\processing\modes\java\libraries\video it imports and works ok

i replaced the files in the video folder with the downloaded new video lib files/folders. It seems to be missing /bin folder. not sure if thats the problem but it just gives a bunch of lib errors.

when i copy the original files/folders back it works again so i know i'm putting them in the right place.

Help! I really wanna try this new video lib

• downloaded new video lib

is this from github? Link plz...

Kf

• still can't get this to work when i import video library , program gives a bunch of errors when run

• There is a new forum now

• program gives a bunch of errors when run

can you post those errors?

Kf