P2D/P3D issues on ODROID-XU4

I'm trying to use Processing (3.3.7 ARMv6hf) on ODROID-XU4 on which Oracle JDK 8u162 32-bit ARM version is installed. The X11 configuration file (/etc/X11/xorg.conf) has been modified with the following lines appended to use OpenGL ES instead of OpenGL.

Section "Module"
    Disable "glx"
EndSection

For a simple test, I made the following sketch which is running without any problems of course.

void setup() {
  size(300, 300);
}

void draw() {
  background(0);
}

However, if I make a change in size(300, 300) like the following,

size(300, 300, P3D);

I get the following error messages.

OpenGL error 1280 at bot beginDraw(): invalid enumerant
java.lang.RuntimeException: GL function glRenderbufferStorageMultisample() is not available on this hardware (or driver) Read http://wiki.processing.org/w/OpenGL_Issues for help.
    at processing.opengl.PJOGL.renderbufferStorageMultisample(PJOGL.java:1941)
    at processing.opengl.PGL.createFBOLayer(PGL.java:955)
    at processing.opengl.PGL.beginRender(PGL.java:727)
    at processing.opengl.PGraphicsOpenGL.beginOnscreenDraw(PGraphicsOpenGL.java:6577)
    at processing.opengl.PGraphicsOpenGL.beginDraw(PGraphicsOpenGL.java:1459)
    at processing.core.PApplet.handleDraw(PApplet.java:2388)
    at processing.opengl.PSurfaceJOGL$DrawListener.display(PSurfaceJOGL.java:866)
    at jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.displayImpl(GLDrawableHelper.java:692)
    at jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.display(GLDrawableHelper.java:674)
    at jogamp.opengl.GLAutoDrawableBase$2.run(GLAutoDrawableBase.java:443)
    at jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.invokeGLImpl(GLDrawableHelper.java:1293)
    at jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.invokeGL(GLDrawableHelper.java:1147)
    at com.jogamp.newt.opengl.GLWindow.display(GLWindow.java:759)
    at com.jogamp.opengl.util.AWTAnimatorImpl.display(AWTAnimatorImpl.java:81)
    at com.jogamp.opengl.util.AnimatorBase.display(AnimatorBase.java:452)
    at com.jogamp.opengl.util.FPSAnimator$MainTask.run(FPSAnimator.java:178)
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:555)
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505)

Would someone please help me resolve this problem?

Many thanks,
Scott

Tagged:

Answers

• Answer ✓

Tagging @gohai

GL function glRenderbufferStorageMultisample() is not available on this hardware (or driver)

Kf

• @kfrajer, thanks for pointing the cause of the problem. Does this mean that there's no way I can use P2D or P3D on this platform (ODROID-XU4)?

• Hi @seongwook. We might be able to disable multisampling for your ODROID-XU4. Could you run the "Demos/Tests/SpecsTest" example and post the output here? (Specifically interested in the renderer name of your driver.) Thanks!

• Hi @gohai,

Sorry for my belated response. Here is the output I got from Demos/Tests/SpecsTest.pde as it is.

Many thanks!

ARM
    Mali-T628
    OpenGL ES 3.1 v1.r17p0-01rel0.a881d28363cdb20f0017ed13c980967e
    OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.10
    GL_ARM_rgba8 GL_ARM_mali_shader_binary GL_OES_depth24 GL_OES_depth_texture GL_OES_depth_texture_cube_map GL_OES_packed_depth_stencil GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_EXT_read_format_bgra GL_OES_compressed_paletted_texture GL_OES_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_texture GL_OES_standard_derivatives GL_OES_EGL_image GL_OES_EGL_image_external GL_OES_EGL_image_external_essl3 GL_OES_EGL_sync GL_OES_texture_npot GL_OES_vertex_half_float GL_OES_required_internalformat GL_OES_vertex_array_object GL_OES_mapbuffer GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_EXT_texture_rg GL_EXT_texture_type_2_10_10_10_REV GL_OES_fbo_render_mipmap GL_OES_element_index_uint GL_EXT_shadow_samplers GL_OES_texture_compression_astc GL_KHR_texture_compression_astc_ldr GL_KHR_texture_compression_astc_hdr GL_KHR_texture_compression_astc_sliced_3d GL_KHR_debug GL_EXT_occlusion_query_boolean GL_EXT_disjoint_timer_query GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_discard_framebuffer GL_OES_get_program_binary GL_OES_texture_3D GL_EXT_texture_storage GL_EXT_multisampled_render_to_texture GL_OES_surfaceless_context GL_OES_texture_stencil8 GL_EXT_shader_pixel_local_storage GL_ARM_shader_framebuffer_fetch GL_ARM_shader_framebuffer_fetch_depth_stencil GL_ARM_mali_program_binary GL_EXT_sRGB GL_EXT_sRGB_write_control GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_R8 GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_RG8 GL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced GL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced_coherent GL_OES_texture_storage_multisample_2d_array GL_OES_shader_image_atomic GL_EXT_robustness GL_EXT_texture_border_clamp GL_OES_texture_border_clamp GL_EXT_texture_cube_map_array GL_OES_texture_cube_map_array GL_OES_sample_variables GL_OES_sample_shading GL_OES_shader_multisample_interpolation GL_EXT_shader_io_blocks GL_OES_shader_io_blocks GL_EXT_gpu_shader5 GL_OES_gpu_shader5 GL_EXT_texture_buffer GL_OES_texture_buffer GL_EXT_copy_image GL_OES_copy_image
    java.lang.RuntimeException: GL function glRenderbufferStorageMultisample() is not available on this hardware (or driver) Read http://wiki.processing.org/w/OpenGL_Issues for help.
        at processing.opengl.PGraphicsOpenGL.beginOnscreenDraw(PGraphicsOpenGL.java:6577)

• Thank you @seongwook!

Could you try replacing core.jar that comes with your copy of Processing with the following file, and see if this makes a difference?

http://sukzessiv.net/~gohai/p5-arm/mali/core.jar

• Hi @gohai,

As you instructed, I replaced /core/library/core.jar with the file you uploaded.

I ran the modes/java/examples/Demos/Tests/SpecsTest/SpecsTest.pde and I got the following output which looks quite similar to the old output.

ARM
    Mali-T628
    OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.10
    GL_ARM_rgba8 GL_ARM_mali_shader_binary GL_OES_depth24 GL_OES_depth_texture GL_OES_depth_texture_cube_map GL_OES_packed_depth_stencil GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_EXT_read_format_bgra GL_OES_compressed_paletted_texture GL_OES_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_texture GL_OES_standard_derivatives GL_OES_EGL_image GL_OES_EGL_image_external GL_OES_EGL_image_external_essl3 GL_OES_EGL_sync GL_OES_texture_npot GL_OES_vertex_half_float GL_OES_required_internalformat GL_OES_vertex_array_object GL_OES_mapbuffer GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_EXT_texture_rg GL_EXT_texture_type_2_10_10_10_REV GL_OES_fbo_render_mipmap GL_OES_element_index_uint GL_EXT_shadow_samplers GL_OES_texture_compression_astc GL_KHR_texture_compression_astc_ldr GL_KHR_texture_compression_astc_hdr GL_KHR_texture_compression_astc_sliced_3d GL_KHR_debug GL_EXT_occlusion_query_boolean GL_EXT_disjoint_timer_query GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_discard_framebuffer GL_OES_get_program_binary GL_OES_texture_3D GL_EXT_texture_storage GL_EXT_multisampled_render_to_texture GL_OES_surfaceless_context GL_OES_texture_stencil8 GL_EXT_shader_pixel_local_storage GL_ARM_shader_framebuffer_fetch GL_ARM_shader_framebuffer_fetch_depth_stencil GL_ARM_mali_program_binary GL_EXT_sRGB GL_EXT_sRGB_write_control GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_R8 GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_RG8 GL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced GL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced_coherent GL_OES_texture_storage_multisample_2d_array GL_OES_shader_image_atomic GL_EXT_robustness GL_EXT_texture_border_clamp GL_OES_texture_border_clamp GL_EXT_texture_cube_map_array GL_OES_texture_cube_map_array GL_OES_sample_variables GL_OES_sample_shading GL_OES_shader_multisample_interpolation GL_EXT_shader_io_blocks GL_OES_shader_io_blocks GL_EXT_gpu_shader5 GL_OES_gpu_shader5 GL_EXT_texture_buffer GL_OES_texture_buffer GL_EXT_copy_image GL_OES_copy_image
        at processing.opengl.PGraphicsOpenGL.beginOnscreenDraw(PGraphicsOpenGL.java:6576)

However, I got something different for the following original code.

void setup() {
      size(300, 300);
    }

void draw() {
      background(0);
    }

The output is just:

without the error that I used to have :) Is this a right sign for me to go with P3D on ODROID-XU4?

Many thanks,
    Scott

• @seongwook Thanks for testing! The original code is with P3D?

• @seongwook I have also uploaded a new version of the file for you that could get rid of the RuntimeException. Please test. Thank you!

• Hi @gohai,

I'm sorry I mistyped the original code. Yes, the test was with P3D and I got the simple one line output.

I'll do the tests again with the updated core.jar and let you know what I got.

Thanks,
    Scott

• Hi @gohai,

I just did the tests. Their two output results are identical to what I got previously. That is, nothing seems to differentiate.

Please let me know if there are some other tests I need to run.

Thanks,
    Scott

• @seongwook Thanks for testing! I uploaded one last attempt for today - please let me know if this makes any difference:

• Hi @gohai,

Now I just tested the core.jar you lately updated. However, the results are exactly the same :(

Please let me know if there's another update.

Many thanks,
    Scott

• Hi @seongwook,

I am a bit confused - can you double-check that you are running the latest file? (I also re-compiled, and re-uploaded it, just to be sure.)

Because at the very least, the new version should have printed "numSamples is: " to the console, see here. Your stacktrace above seems to be calling this createFBOLayer function.

• Hi @gohai,

Hm... it's weird. Please let me check if the core.jar files I downloaded are correct.

1st uploaded core.jar:
        File size: 1105890
        MD5 checksum: 0aa1ccd082de3a66a40dea6c6a748098

2nd uploaded core.jar:
        File size: 1105981
        MD5 checksum: 65b690d69d2eca7386474293fb2d51db

3rd uploaded core.jar:
        File size: 1106054
        MD5 checksum: 30473f88c0f2085ff6e2164c54ed0836

Would you please check if these are correct?

Thanks,
    Scott

• edited April 2018

@seongwook

I just re-compiled and uploaded:

MD5 (core.jar) = 081feb5fff944b9a84640234cd79c70f

Can you download this, check the md5sum and paste the output?

• Hi @gohai,

I just downloaded core.jar again and found that its MD5 checksum is identical (081feb5fff944b9a84640234cd79c70f).

I ran the test script (i.e., modes/java/examples/Demos/Tests/SpecsTest/SpecsTest.pde) and got the following output:

ARM
    Mali-T628
    OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.10
    numSamples is: 1
    java.lang.RuntimeException: GL function glReadBuffer() is not available on this hardware (or driver) Read http://wiki.processing.org/w/OpenGL_Issues for help.
        at processing.opengl.PJOGL.readBuffer(PJOGL.java:1954)
        at processing.opengl.PJOGL.initFBOLayerES(PJOGL.java:310)
        at processing.opengl.PJOGL.initFBOLayer(PJOGL.java:301)
        at processing.opengl.PGL.createFBOLayer(PGL.java:988)
        at processing.opengl.PGraphicsOpenGL.beginOnscreenDraw(PGraphicsOpenGL.java:6576)

Please verify this for me.

Thanks,
    Scott

• @seongwook

Thank you - this clears it up. The stack trace might look similar to you, but this one has the "numSamples" line, and the function that is missing (glReadBuffer) is also different than the one above.

I tried to fix this one now - feel free to test this and send new output when you get to it: http://sukzessiv.net/~gohai/p5-arm/mali/core.jar

• Hi @gohai,

Thanks for your thorough investigation :)

I got the last core.jar and tested it. Now, I got the completely different output:

ARM
    Mali-T628
    OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.10
    numSamples is: 1
    Could not compile shader 35633:
    0:1: P0007: Language version '300' unknown, this compiler only supports up to version '320 es'
    0:2: P0007: Unexpected text found after #version directive
    0:6: L0002: Undeclared variable 'position'
    Could not compile shader 35632:
    0:1: P0007: Language version '300' unknown, this compiler only supports up to version '320 es'
    0:2: P0007: Unexpected text found after #version directive
    0:11: L0002: Undeclared variable '_fragColor'

Would please take a look at this for me?

Thanks,
    Scott

• @seongwook

Thanks! Could you please test the latest file and post the output? (This will not yet fix this one.) Believe we should be close, though..

• Hi @gohai,

Actually, the output that I just posted is the result that I got by running modes/java/examples/Demos/Tests/SpecsTest/SpecsTest.pde with core.jar that you lastly uploaded (MD5 checksum = e18fe00179593b1e65c786877b81fb8b). Please let me know if I did a wrong test.

I'm excited about getting closer to fixing it :)

Thanks,
    Scott

• @seongwook Can you try the latest (md5: a67e98737bffbf0f955f4dd8196de90a), and post the output again?

• @gohai, please take a look at the following output I got from testing core.jar (MD5 checksum = a67e98737bffbf0f955f4dd8196de90a).

ARM
    Mali-T628
    OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.10
    Could not compile shader 35633:
    0:1: P0007: Language version '#' unknown, this compiler only supports up to version '320 es'
    0:1: P0007: Unexpected text found after #version directive
    0:1: P0007: Language version '#' unknown, this compiler only supports up to version '320 es'
    0:1: P0007: Unexpected text found after #version directive
    0:12: L0002: No matching function for call to 'texture'

Thanks,
    Scott

• @seongwook New file with md5 c8409147464f96885d2e2c52f7038e0f is up.

• @gohai, here's the output of the file with MD5 of c8409147464f96885d2e2c52f7038e0f:

ARM
    Mali-T628
    OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.10
    getGLSLVersionString returned #version 300 es

getGLSLVersionString returned #version 300 es

0:2: S0032: no default precision defined for variable '_fragColor'

• @seongwook Uploaded new file with md5 f2024042a659d2beb89979ed3082f965.

• @gohai, wow~! I got the following clean output from the new file with MD5 of f2024042a659d2beb89979ed3082f965:

ARM
    Mali-T628
    OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.10

Thank you so much for fixing the problem!

BTW, can I simply ignore the error message in the very first line?

This one seems to have been there at all times.

Thanks,
    Scott

• @seongwook Thats great to hear. Thanks you for diligently testing and providing me with feedback!

If you still have time, could you test this one, and see if it (still) works: md5 5601a9174287d2b83c6979bd23164a7d. (I initially disabled multisampling for framebuffers, but later found what could have been the root cause, so I'd love to try to turn it on again.)

As for the message in the first line: you can ignore this. (There is a way to find out what caused this, but it is a little bit involved.)

• Hi @gohai,

I DO have time to do more tests and I love to see Processing becoming better and better :) So, please let me know anytime if there's something I can test more.

Here's the output from testing core.jar with MD5 of 5601a9174287d2b83c6979bd23164a7d.

ARM
    Mali-T628
    OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.10
    java.lang.RuntimeException: GL function glBlitFramebuffer() is not available on this hardware (or driver) Read http://wiki.processing.org/w/OpenGL_Issues for help.
        at processing.opengl.PJOGL.blitFramebuffer(PJOGL.java:1939)
        at processing.opengl.PGL.syncBackTexture(PGL.java:595)
        at processing.opengl.PGL.endRender(PGL.java:769)
        at processing.opengl.PGraphicsOpenGL.endOnscreenDraw(PGraphicsOpenGL.java:6598)
        at processing.opengl.PGraphicsOpenGL.endDraw(PGraphicsOpenGL.java:1483)
        at processing.core.PApplet.handleDraw(PApplet.java:2444)

Many thanks,
    Scott

• @seongwook Thank you, this is very generous of you, Scott!

Uploaded a new file, md5 17bbc579d2a2f061273613653d171a58.

• @gohai, this is really my big pleasure!

I did the test with MD5 17bbc579d2a2f061273613653d171a58 and I got the following clean output :)

ARM
    Mali-T628
    OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.10

• @seongwook If the following also works cleanly, this would be the last for now: 5d4d3a559d7b54fe68aaae4837a9f4d6 :) Please let me know!

• @gohai, the last one (MD5: 5d4d3a559d7b54fe68aaae4837a9f4d6) worked as follows :)

ARM
    Mali-T628
    OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.10

I'm so glad that we finally got to the final destination!

Thank you so much for your effort!

• @seongwook Arr, did I say the last one? :) If you have time, there's just one more... 8d60f1c34716c3e4fd7fb682c35a984e. I refactored the changes a bit and submitted a pull-request so that this will become part of future official releases of Processing. (The one I just uploaded makes sure I did not make a mistake in the process, it should work as good as the previous version.) Thanks.

• @gohai, don't worry! I'll be here for more tests :)

BTW, here's the output of core.jar with MD5 8d60f1c34716c3e4fd7fb682c35a984e which doesn't look like what you expected.

ARM
    Mali-T628
    OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.10
    0:6: S0028: Expected type for precision qualifier, got 'vec2'
    0:7: S0028: Expected type for precision qualifier, got 'vec3'
    0:8: S0028: Expected type for precision qualifier, got 'vec4'

Please let me know if there's another one ready to be tested.

• @seongwook How is the latest file, dfdf52cf2915b48ba197dacda92b0c70?

If it works, could you also test the following sketch with it:

void setup() {
      size(300, 300, P3D);
    }
    void draw() {
    }

• @gohai, the file with MD5 dfdf52cf2915b48ba197dacda92b0c70 worked cleanly as follows:

ARM
    Mali-T628
    OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.10

In addition, the output of the simple sketch is this:

which looks quite good :)

• @seongwook

Thank you! Does it still work with lights, e.g.

void setup() {
      size(100, 100, P3D);
      background(0);
      noStroke();
    }

void draw() {
      lights();
      translate(20, 50, 0);
      sphere(30);
    }

• @gohai, it doesn't seem to work unfortunately :( Please take a look at the output.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot compile fragment shader:
    0:28: S0028: Expected type for precision qualifier, got 'vec2'
    0:29: S0028: Expected type for precision qualifier, got 'vec3'
    0:30: S0028: Expected type for precision qualifier, got 'vec4'
        at processing.core.PGraphics.showException(PGraphics.java:8211)
        at processing.opengl.PShader.compileFragmentShader(PShader.java:1000)
        at processing.opengl.PShader.compile(PShader.java:924)
        at processing.opengl.PShader.init(PShader.java:894)
        at processing.opengl.PShader.getAttributeLoc(PShader.java:595)
        at processing.opengl.PShader.loadAttributes(PShader.java:1123)
        at processing.opengl.PGraphicsOpenGL.getPolyShader(PGraphicsOpenGL.java:7082)
        at processing.opengl.PGraphicsOpenGL.flushPolys(PGraphicsOpenGL.java:2377)
        at processing.opengl.PGraphicsOpenGL.flush(PGraphicsOpenGL.java:2314)
        at processing.opengl.PGraphicsOpenGL.endDraw(PGraphicsOpenGL.java:1480)
        at processing.core.PApplet.handleDraw(PApplet.java:2444)

• @seongwook Another try: 2cb68f4062dd97fda9f9c9cb734ef527

If you could see if this makes the lights example work?

• @gohai, it seems to work. The output of SpecsTest.pde is as clean as what we had previously. And the console output of the lights example is also clean like the following:

Its screen output is this:

captured

I guess this is what you expected :)

• @seongwook Fantastic, thanks so much!

As for the (harmless) OpenGL error: if you wanted you could try to add -Djogl.debug.DebugGL to the line run.options= in the file ~/.processing/preferences.txt (make sure you close Processing before starting to edit). Afterwards, opening Processing and running a P3D sketch that triggered the error before, should print a stack trace when it happens - which should point to exactly what is causing this. But is has been quite some time since I had did this, so I might be wrong on the exact steps ;)

• @gohai, as you instructed, I modified ~/.processing/preferences.txt and ran the following simple sketch.

void setup() {
      size(300, 300, P3D);
    }

void draw() {
      background(0);
    }

And I got the following console output:

GLDebugEvent[ id 0xb
        type Error
        severity High: dangerous undefined behavior
        source GL API
        msg Error:glGetFloatv::<pname> is not an accepted value
        when 1524036153380
        source 3.1 (ES profile, arb, debug, compat[ES2, ES3, ES31], FBO, hardware) - OpenGL ES 3.1 v1.r17p0-01rel0.a881d28363cdb20f0017ed13c980967e - hash 0xc39cf5]
        [2]: jogamp.opengl.GLDebugMessageHandler$StdErrGLDebugListener.messageSent(GLDebugMessageHandler.java:347)
        [3]: jogamp.opengl.GLDebugMessageHandler.sendMessage(GLDebugMessageHandler.java:332)
        [4]: jogamp.opengl.GLDebugMessageHandler.glDebugMessageARB(GLDebugMessageHandler.java:358)
        [5]: jogamp.opengl.es3.GLES3Impl.dispatch_glGetFloatv1(Native Method)
        [6]: jogamp.opengl.es3.GLES3Impl.glGetFloatv(GLES3Impl.java:1157)
        [7]: com.jogamp.opengl.DebugGLES3.glGetFloatv(DebugGLES3.java:3260)
        [8]: processing.opengl.PJOGL.getFloatv(PJOGL.java:1106)
        [9]: processing.opengl.PGraphicsOpenGL.getGLParameters(PGraphicsOpenGL.java:6892)
        [10]: processing.opengl.PGraphicsOpenGL.beginDraw(PGraphicsOpenGL.java:1454)
        [11]: processing.core.PApplet.handleDraw(PApplet.java:2388)
        [12]: processing.opengl.PSurfaceJOGL$DrawListener.display(PSurfaceJOGL.java:866)
        [13]: jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.displayImpl(GLDrawableHelper.java:692)
        [14]: jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.display(GLDrawableHelper.java:674)
        [15]: jogamp.opengl.GLAutoDrawableBase$2.run(GLAutoDrawableBase.java:443)
        [16]: jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.invokeGLImpl(GLDrawableHelper.java:1293)
        [17]: jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.invokeGL(GLDrawableHelper.java:1147)
        [18]: com.jogamp.newt.opengl.GLWindow.display(GLWindow.java:759)
        [19]: com.jogamp.opengl.util.AWTAnimatorImpl.display(AWTAnimatorImpl.java:81)
        [20]: com.jogamp.opengl.util.AnimatorBase.display(AnimatorBase.java:452)
        [21]: com.jogamp.opengl.util.FPSAnimator$MainTask.run(FPSAnimator.java:178)
        [22]: java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:555)
        [23]: java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505)

Can you point out what causes the error from this clue?

• @seongwook Thank you, that was all the information I needed! I uploaded a108bd998432b7b544ce0e1d0ad73376, which should prevent this message

• Hi @gohai,

I'm sorry for my late response. I had a day off yesterday :)

Here's the output of a108bd998432b7b544ce0e1d0ad73376.

GLDebugEvent[ id 0x32
        type Error
        severity High: dangerous undefined behavior
        source GL API
        msg Error:glEnable::<cap> is not one of the accepted values
        when 1524184964512
        source 3.1 (ES profile, arb, debug, compat[ES2, ES3, ES31], FBO, hardware) - OpenGL ES 3.1 v1.r17p0-01rel0.a881d28363cdb20f0017ed13c980967e - hash 0x1f928e9]
        [2]: jogamp.opengl.GLDebugMessageHandler$StdErrGLDebugListener.messageSent(GLDebugMessageHandler.java:347)
        [3]: jogamp.opengl.GLDebugMessageHandler.sendMessage(GLDebugMessageHandler.java:332)
        [4]: jogamp.opengl.GLDebugMessageHandler.glDebugMessageARB(GLDebugMessageHandler.java:358)
        [5]: jogamp.opengl.es3.GLES3Impl.dispatch_glEnable1(Native Method)
        [6]: jogamp.opengl.es3.GLES3Impl.glEnable(GLES3Impl.java:734)
        [7]: com.jogamp.opengl.DebugGLES3.glEnable(DebugGLES3.java:2121)
        [8]: processing.opengl.PJOGL.enable(PJOGL.java:1068)
        [9]: processing.opengl.PGraphicsOpenGL.setGLSettings(PGraphicsOpenGL.java:6784)
        [10]: processing.opengl.PGraphicsOpenGL.checkSettings(PGraphicsOpenGL.java:6740)
        [11]: processing.opengl.PGraphicsOpenGL.beginDraw(PGraphicsOpenGL.java:1463)
        [12]: processing.core.PApplet.handleDraw(PApplet.java:2388)
        [13]: processing.opengl.PSurfaceJOGL$DrawListener.display(PSurfaceJOGL.java:866)
        [14]: jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.displayImpl(GLDrawableHelper.java:692)
        [15]: jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.display(GLDrawableHelper.java:674)
        [16]: jogamp.opengl.GLAutoDrawableBase$2.run(GLAutoDrawableBase.java:443)
        [17]: jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.invokeGLImpl(GLDrawableHelper.java:1293)
        [18]: jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.invokeGL(GLDrawableHelper.java:1147)
        [19]: com.jogamp.newt.opengl.GLWindow.display(GLWindow.java:759)
        [20]: com.jogamp.opengl.util.AWTAnimatorImpl.display(AWTAnimatorImpl.java:81)
        [21]: com.jogamp.opengl.util.AnimatorBase.display(AnimatorBase.java:452)
        [22]: com.jogamp.opengl.util.FPSAnimator$MainTask.run(FPSAnimator.java:178)
        [23]: java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:555)
        [24]: java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505)
    com.jogamp.opengl.GLException: Thread[main-FPSAWTAnimator#00-Timer0,5,main] glGetError() returned the following error codes after a call to glEnable(<int> 0x809D): GL_INVALID_ENUM ( 1280 0x500), 
        at com.jogamp.opengl.DebugGLES3.writeGLError(DebugGLES3.java:8241)
        at com.jogamp.opengl.DebugGLES3.glEnable(DebugGLES3.java:2124)
        at processing.opengl.PJOGL.enable(PJOGL.java:1068)
        at processing.opengl.PGraphicsOpenGL.setGLSettings(PGraphicsOpenGL.java:6784)
        at processing.opengl.PGraphicsOpenGL.checkSettings(PGraphicsOpenGL.java:6740)
        at processing.opengl.PGraphicsOpenGL.beginDraw(PGraphicsOpenGL.java:1463)

• @seongwook Interesting. What happens if you're not running with -Djogl.debug.DebugGL? Do you still see an error or warning in the console? Do things still work the way the did before? (e.g. at 2cb68f4062dd97fda9f9c9cb734ef527)

• @gohai, I just carried out a test with the latest core.jar of MD5 a108bd998432b7b544ce0e1d0ad73376 and without -Djogl.debug.DebugGL. Its output is just:

which is different from what was executed with -Djogl.debug.DebugGL.

• @seongwook Thank you. I uploaded a new file, 81002c7ebdaabfae16db1c9915bdff70

• @gohai, I just tested it (MD5 81002c7ebdaabfae16db1c9915bdff70) with and without -Djogl.debug.DebugGL. Both ran cleanly without making any console output. That is, OpenGL error 1280 at bot beginDraw(): invalid enumerant wasn't generated :)

• Fantastic to hear, @seongwook. Thanks so much for your time and good spirit in testing!

• @gohai, thank you so much for having made me do something for Processing :)

If there's something I can do more, please don't hesitate to ask me.

Many thanks,
    Scott