Could not run the sketch (Target VM failed to initialize) Errors (Windows without NVidia)

edited March 2018 in Kinect

Hello guys, I am using the Kinect v2 library for Processing, and I am getting the error could not run the sketch.

Here is the log file

Any help would be very appreciated.

Answers

• Please note that I am using Intel HD graphics 4000

• Any help pls?

• You say you "could not run the sketch." What sketch? Is it a demo that comes with the library, or your own code? Does the Kinect normally work, or have you never gotten it working before?

Many people don't have a Kinnect 2 to test anyway, but you still might get more ideas if you give more details.

# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
    #
    #  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x00007ffcde925536, pid=9352, tid=0x00000000000029bc
    #
    # JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_144-b01) (build 1.8.0_144-b01)
    # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (25.144-b01 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)
    # Problematic frame:
    # C  [KinectPV2.dll+0x5536]

• The code I am using is a demo that comes with the library, all the demos give a similar error, some of them show an image others don't even show anything.

The Kinect works normally.

Thank you for your answer

• Okay -- which demo file, specifically, gave you this error? I don't know enough about Kinect and JRE crashing to help here, but somebody might.

• SkeletonColor and Skeleton3D gave this error for example

• any help?

• Not a Kinect user at present myself -- just trying to help you get information out so somebody could answer. Looking at old answers, perhaps @totovr76 might have an idea?

• Sorry for the late repply, which library are you using? I think that the video card doesn't matter in this case