How to export ?

TGKTGK
edited May 2016 in Library Questions

Hi, hope you're doing fine.

I am currently struggling to export my processing application. I'm on Windows 8 64bits, running the latest version of processing. I noticed that you can now only export for your own system, so I get my application.windows64 folder, with a .bat file (why not an exe ?) when I run it it just displays an error saying that java isn't defined.
Convenientely as a batch file is easy to edit so I remplaced the 'java' command with 'start java/bin/java.exe' since I choosed to embed it on exporting. I also added a 'pause' command to get a chance to catch errors.

Said errors seems to come from the librairies I used
import blobDetection.*; import peasy.*; import processing.video.*;
I use the video library to capture an image from the webcam so I figured it might be some permission problem, but I have no idea how to fix that. (I read something about signing applets, but I also read applets aren't supported anymore, so...)

Hope someone can show me the right way, I must be missiong on something...

Tagged:

Answers

• I run it it just displays an error saying that java isn't defined.

Either export application with Java embedded or install a JRE in Windows.

Java Applets are still in use but is dated technology (replaced by the canvas object in HTML5) but you can still create signed Applets from Processing using the Applet Maker tool (select from Add Tools menu option), note this only works for sketches using the default JAVA2D renderer and Java Mode.

• TGKTGK
    edited November 2013

I did export with java embed, and i do have JRE7 installed on my windows, i guess the path is just not right, but I fixed it by linking to the embed version via 'start java/bin/java.exe'

Now my real question is : "Can I export an application wich uses the Capture functions from processing.video ? Or I am missing somthing esle in my export wich causes the errors that I linked to in my previous message ?"

(I am using P3D, so that rule out Applets)

• I missed the link to an image of the errors. It is better to copy & paste these errors in the message: they are easier to consult and to search! And to copy & paste partially to highlight parts of them...

There is a problem to find some native library, apparently. Is gio-2.0.dll in the lib folder?

Sometime, there are issues with the 64-bit version of Processing, if the native library isn't compiled in this mode. Using the 32-bit version solves this problem. I always use this version, as 64-bit is generally not necessary for most sketches, anyway. (Unless, perhaps, they use lot of memory!)

• TGKTGK
    edited November 2013

Thanks to both of you for your responses.

Sorry about the image, I just found out how to copy from this window so here it is http://justpaste.it/didq

I am gonna try and use the 32-bit version, since I don't really need the 64-bit one (is it just about memoty size ?) I'll let you know, thanks ;)

EDIT : the exe generated for win32 just stop aswell, I'm guessing the is the same problem I had befor with the java path, is that normal that application with embed java doesn't link to it ?

• edited November 2013

In Processing 2.1, I found out (after some people reported it) that the generated exe was not launching the sketch properly.

The good news is that you can reuse the .bat generated from the 64-bit version to launch the 32-bit version, ie. you can bypass the usage of the .exe file.

• TGKTGK
    edited November 2013

Oh thank you, i was trying to set my PATH variable, but it didn't seems to work. I modified the bat as so : @echo off start java/bin/java.exe -Djava.ext.dirs=lib -Djava.library.path=lib facemap pause is my way right ? Because I got the same errors as before... :(

• So how does one export with out jumping through a bunch of hoops? My 32bit export wont load either. Nothing happens when I double click it/

• Why each response (including non-answers!) get this Rejected Answer label? It is on the verge of being offensive and discourage from trying to answer...

• I found 2.0.3 elsewhere on the internet and I've been using that.

• Is your capture working OK in the PDE? (I suppose so, but I prefer to ask.)

What errors do you get, exactly? We are speculating, I prefer to see the real information.

Note: the start part is probably not necessary, unless you want to get rid of the console, perhaps.

• Oh I'm so sorry about the rejected answers, I didn't mean to offend anyone, its just that if I don't accecpt or reject answers the forum keep asking me to do so, so I thought I had to... sorry about that !

Capture is working fine via the pde, it's only after exporting that things get messy. Here are the error that pop up in java http://justpaste.it/didq

• Answer ✓

OK, I didn't know that the forum asked to judge each response! :-) (I rarely ask questions here...)

And I just forgot you gave the error previously, it is easier to overlook links than a bunch lines of stack trace!

As I asked above, do you have a (gio-2.0|libgio-2.0|libgio-2.0-0)(one of them) DLL file in the exported folder? You still show the error message from the 64-bit version, BTW.

• Ok so if anyone was having the same problem, what I did was going back to 2.03 and exports for all platforms, it's way more conveniant and the 32bit versions works as a charm. Thank you for your help ;)

• Hi, I'm having this problem now: I'm trying to generate an app Processong 2.2.1 using the Intel RealSense camera. The camera works in win. 8.1 64-bit mode only. The PDE with the Intel Library ( in SDK from https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-realsense-sdk) works well but when export just doesn't work :( Nothing happens, not error message. When I use the camera without the Intel RealSense library, as example for run a processing-video example, it works well, can be exported and the application also works well.

So I think may be the problem is in relation with the Library or SDK? I hope you can help me thanks! m.

I put a code example at: http://forum.processing.org/two/discussion/8645/intel-realsense#Item_1