Fail to add mode via "Add Mode" errors

edited October 2013 in Questions about Modes

Hello, I am trying to add Experimental mode to Processing 2.0.3. I have downloaded from here: https://github.com/processing/processing-experimental. I unzipped into Documents\Processing\modes. When I restart Processing, Experimental mode is not shown, so I click on "Add Mode" and as soon as I type something into the search bar (nothing is displayed as available modes) the console throws this error:

Exception in thread "Thread-7" java.lang.NullPointerException
    at processing.app.contrib.ContributionListing.addContribution(ContributionListing.java:126)
    at processing.app.contrib.ContributionListing.updateInstalledList(ContributionListing.java:94)
    at processing.app.contrib.ContributionManagerDialog.updateContributionListing(ContributionManagerDialog.java:350)
    at processing.app.contrib.ContributionManagerDialog$1.finished(ContributionManagerDialog.java:108)
    at processing.app.contrib.ContributionManager.download(ContributionManager.java:89)
    at processing.app.contrib.ContributionListing$1.run(ContributionListing.java:361)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Is this an error, or am I doing something very wrong?

Thanks.

Comments

• The exception that you're seeing was a bug that has been fixed in the master branch.

This may help: PDE X FAQ

It's recommended that you use the 'Add Mode' method rather than installing manually.