Syphon Tablet Error

edited October 2013 in Library Questions

Hello, I write a complex code to work with syphon, this one work perfectly with Processing 203, but with Processing 211. The error is from problem betweem Library Tablet and Syphon

import codeanticode.tablet.*;
    //THE ERROR IS FROM HERE
    Tablet tablet;
    import codeanticode.syphon.*;
    PGraphics canvas;
    SyphonServer server;
    void setup() {
      size(400,400, P3D);
      canvas = createGraphics(400, 400, P3D);
      // Create syhpon server to send frames out.
      tablet = new Tablet(this);
      server = new SyphonServer(this, "Processing Syphon");
    }
    void draw() {
      canvas.beginDraw();
      canvas.background(127);
      canvas.lights();
      canvas.translate(width/2, height/2);
      canvas.rotateX(frameCount * 0.01);
      canvas.rotateY(frameCount * 0.01);  
      canvas.box(150);
      canvas.endDraw();
      image(canvas, 0, 0);
      server.sendImage(canvas);
    }

I receive this message error in my consol. I'm pretty sure the error is from Syphon library because I use a similare code without Syphon who work good.

The error is

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: canvas
        at com.jogamp.common.util.awt.AWTEDTExecutor.invoke(AWTEDTExecutor.java:58)
        at jogamp.opengl.awt.AWTThreadingPlugin.invokeOnOpenGLThread(AWTThreadingPlugin.java:103)
        at jogamp.opengl.ThreadingImpl.invokeOnOpenGLThread(ThreadingImpl.java:206)
        at javax.media.opengl.Threading.invokeOnOpenGLThread(Threading.java:172)
        at javax.media.opengl.Threading.invoke(Threading.java:191)
        at javax.media.opengl.awt.GLCanvas.display(GLCanvas.java:492)
        at processing.opengl.PJOGL.requestDraw(PJOGL.java:580)
        at processing.opengl.PGraphicsOpenGL.requestDraw(PGraphicsOpenGL.java:1624)
        at processing.core.PApplet.run(PApplet.java:2177)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: canvas
        at codeanticode.tablet.Tablet.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at Miroir_24b.penMouseSetup(Miroir_24b.java:11299)
        at Miroir_24b.setup(Miroir_24b.java:116)
        at processing.core.PApplet.handleDraw(PApplet.java:2281)
        at processing.opengl.PJOGL$PGLListener.display(PJOGL.java:753)
        at jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.displayImpl(GLDrawableHelper.java:590)
        at jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.display(GLDrawableHelper.java:574)
        at javax.media.opengl.awt.GLCanvas$9.run(GLCanvas.java:1218)
        at jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.invokeGLImpl(GLDrawableHelper.java:1036)
        at jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.invokeGL(GLDrawableHelper.java:911)
        at javax.media.opengl.awt.GLCanvas$10.run(GLCanvas.java:1229)
        at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:241)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:733)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(EventQueue.java:103)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:694)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:692)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:703)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:242)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:150)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:146)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:138)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:91)
Tagged:

Answers

• edited October 2013

For information Manindra change few lines in the jpen-2.jar because PDEX say invalid Class-Path header in manifest of jar file: /Users/stanislasmarcais/Documents/Processing/libraries/Tablet/library/jpen-2.jar The link to download the new jar : https://www.dropbox.com/s/643kpat09hywllm/jpen-2_PDE-X.jar

• Hi, if you or manindra could open an issue in the github page of the tablet library, pointing out to this problem and also mentioning what seems to be the possible solution (from what I understand, some build property is wrong?), would be great.

• ok, I post an issue to Github. And have you an idea about the Syphon problem with the Tablet library ?

• not sure why there is an error when you combine the Syphon and Tablet libraries. I will open a separate issue on the tablet github, and look into it when I have the chance.

• edited October 2013

I hope you have a chance soon ! I imagine with the big work with Processing 2 you'r time is precious and it's difficult to find a time to work on the annexe Library. But I'm not sure the problem come from the tablet, because at the top of error message it's write "java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: canvas"

• The problem seems to come when changing the renderer from default to P2D or P3D. I have the same, with the tablet library.