'keytool' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

edited October 2013 in Android Mode

When i go into the terminal after i have exported my program, and type in

"> keytool -genkey -v -keystore -release-key.keystore -alias -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000"

with the required put in, it outputs

"'> keytool' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file".

I looked online and can't find anything. I am trying to turn my program into an app so please help!

Answers

• which operating system?

• Hi, you can change to your bin jdk directory and try your command, keytool should be there, if not, then you might need to download the java jdk again. Don't forget to report your brand new app ;)

• If you're on Windows, you might also have to add it to the system's PATH variable.

I have built and signed several applications from the command line, but it is far easier to export the project as an Android project, load it into Eclipse ADT tools, and export it from there. At least until Processing's export functionality gets implemented. Of course, this only works if you have Eclipse ADT installed...