Simple blur shader

edited October 2013 in GLSL / Shaders

Hello, I need some help with blur shader in Processing. I am rewritting my project from Cinder to processing 2 and I can not somehow get simple (gaussian) blur to work. Could someone post a GLSL blur shader code which 100% works with Processing?

Also I know there is the filter function, but it does not fit my needs so do not suggest that please.

Thanks for any help.

Answers

• Hi. Is File > Examples > Topics > Shaders > BlurFilter what you are looking for?

• It might be, but I am looking mainly for the GLSL shader code. I had one working in openframeworks but it does not with processing. Could you post one if have any working? I need a texture shader by the way. Thanks for help so far.

• edited October 2013

Can you post your GLSL code from Cinder? I do have some blur shaders working in Processing but none of them looking really good. I'd be happy to adapt a good one for PShader.

Edit: Also by the way, the answer from hamoid still stands. After you opened the example, you can just go to Sketch > Show sketch folder. The glsl code is contained in the data folder of the sketch. It's not very flexible though.

• Thanks I will post it later today. The problem with the example sketch is that my Processing stops working when I select the Show sketch folder button.

• Take a look at the SepBlur example, it works in two passes (vertical/horizontal) which results in cheaper calculation. The example is included within Processing, but here is the link to the file on github just in case:

http://bit.ly/1bzxU2s