Which library to use for audio output with velocity when Sonia and JSyn are not working?

edited May 2014 in Library Questions

I'm trying to use Sonia and JSyn for volume control but I get the following message:

__

could not load native library for JSyn V142 com.softsynth.jsyn.SynthException: JSyn error: Could not access JSyn synthesis engine. - JSyn not properly installed, or web page is not calling smart_embed_jsyn.js!, 0x0=0, 0x0=0 Sonia: Please make sure you have entered the correct Sample file name to load

I use Processing 2 on a Mac OS X 10.7.5 and I'm am looking to do more controlled minim audio output from my three audio files by working with velocity (change in volume depending on how the user is interacting with a hotpoint) so this is why I have tried to use Sonia and JSyn but that is not working. I read that these libraries don't work for every operating system. Is there another library I can use to work with velocity, audio files and the kinect.

Answers

• Partly solved by adding gain control

From Processing member Funattii Re: minim audioplayer volume change Reply #7 - Jun 2nd, 2010, 11:23pm i tryed the code:

import ddf.minim.*;

Minim minim; AudioPlayer player;

void setup(){ minim = new Minim(this); player = minim.loadFile("foo.mp3"); player.loop();

println(player.getControlls()); }

and then, i got messages below:

[0] Master Gain with current value: 0.0 dB (range: -80.0 - 13.9794) [1] Mute Control with current value: False [2] Pan with current value: 0.0 (range: -1.0 - 1.0) [3] Sample Rate with current value: 44100.0 FPS (range: 0.0 - 48000.0)

these messages mean that Gain, Mute, Pan and Sample Rate are available on AudioPlayer.

According to [0],

player.shiftGain(-80.0, 0.0, 10000);

player.setGain(-10.0);

player.mute();

player.unmute();

will go fine

Gain's unit is dB and range is -80.0 to 14.0. Note that it has very large range in contrast to Volume (0.0 to 1.0). (the range maybe depends on your environment)