I need 1 on 1 private help.

edited April 2014 in How To...

I have a lot of questions on a project I need to complete in a few days. I would really love some help from someone who is particularly savvy in processing.

Some questions:

How do I make bubbles come out of a moving objects mouth and float up around a random number of them coming out each time they reach the top of the screen? (3 max) How do I move the object up or down with a 30% movement in the opposite direction? How do I keep score so that if it passes the one hole in the middle you get a point and the game resets without resetting the score? and if it hits the barriers on the top and bottom you lose a point including negative numbers and it resets without resetting the score? How do I make the flashing random colors on the object slow down?

I have the score somewhat working, once I start the program the score starts moving even though it hasn't passed the hole. The bubbles are moving but from the bottom corner to the top 1 by 1, not from the mouth and not in random numbers.

Please no one link me to that flappy bird code, it hurts my brain. Explaining it here would be awesome.

Answers

• did you search fish on the forum?

There are at least two threads from guys from your class.

• but if you post your code, I can lead you thru

• Thanks for the comment Chris, is there a way we could do this privately? Through email or Pming?

Thanks again! :)

• Answer ✓

PM

• I don't get

How do I move the object up or down with a 30% movement in the opposite direction?

do you mean the fish?

do you mean up and down?

and why opposite direction? Against the bubbles? No....

• you should have a global var int score = 0;

How do I keep score so that if it passes the one hole in the middle you get a point and the game resets without resetting the score?

yeah you need to check the fish position against the hole and set the fishX to 0 then

and if it hits the barriers on the top and bottom you lose a point including negative numbers and it resets without resetting the score?

test the fish pos Y when it collides with the boundary, you reset the fishPos X and Y and change the score

How do I make the flashing random colors on the object slow down?

you need to store the color in a grid (a 2D array, see tutorial) and a timer for making the change in that grid

• once I start the program the score starts moving even though it hasn't passed the hole.

you need to make it so that the score gets only higher when in the hole

• regarding the architecture of your program you should either turn to OOP and make a class Fish

or use functions like drawFish() etc. to make draw() short and better readable

• how far are you?

• ??

Post something

• Answer ✓

There is another thread where she has solved the up and down 70% issue