Where and how do i place the TUIO library

edited April 2014 in Using Processing

I just installed a processing 2 software on my system and i tried running a program and it keeps telling me that

"No library found for TUIO Libraries must be installed in a folder named 'libraries' inside the 'sketchbook' folder. "

I then googled for the library and got one from the TUIO website and downloaded and i presumed that the folder that i downloaded should be placed in the library folder which i did but i'm still getting the same error message. Pls,can anyone help pls.

Tagged:

Answers

• Answer ✓

Is the library for processing? If it's not that the structure might be different. It should be something like:

Processing/libraries/tuio/library/fileWithExtention.jar

You can also drop the jar file on your sketch, that way it would be dropped in a folder called code. But in the long run it's easier to get it to work with the library folder.

• Pls, can you help with a link to where i can download the TUIO for processing.

Btw, i don't have any folder named "sketchbook". I had to create it under the library folder. I want to know if i'm doing the right thing.

• you can download it here, search for processing on the page: http://www.tuio.org/?software

There is a sketchbook location, not a folder named like that. If you open preferences you can see where it is.

Screen Shot 2014-04-21 at 12.40.06 PM

• I have answered in a similar, duplicate thread, which I will delete. Avoid this, please.

I pointed to How to Install a Contributed Library (wiki article).