Having trouble finding library for 2D sprite-based game programming.

edited May 2016 in JavaScript Mode

I'm trying to follow this tutorial for making a level of Mario but I seem to be missing a library that isn't specified. Processing (in javascript mode) is getting stuck on syntax like addScreen(); addLevelLayer(); super(); etc. Does anyone know which 2D sprite-based game library he could be using?

Also, sorry to ask a dumb question but processing.js is just processing's javascript mode right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Kris

Tagged:

Answers

• I guess it's this one https://github.com/Pomax/Pjs-2D-Game-Engine

Btw super() is a Java method used to invoke the constructor of the parent class.

• Processing.js is just a bunch of JavaScript code used to convert Processing code into JavaScript, so that it runs on an HTML5 Canvas - so that you can run the Processing code on the web.

• Did that library work for you? I am trying to follow the same tutorial but it isn't making sense to me. I got processing 2.02 and is just not reading the library.

• edited April 2014

Did you finish the game?

• edited April 2014

Btw super() is a Java method used to invoke the constructor of the parent class.

Actually super is a Java's reserved keyword which refers to the immediate parent class' reference of current object! :-B

• honestly... im doing the same tutorial.. its utter crap... the guy does not explain anything.... hes like "we ll be using a library to make a 2d sprite game... if you dont know what that means dont worry i wont be explaining it sucks for you! moving on to my pointless code for you to copy and paste that is useless without the library"

• so how do go about getting the processing sketch itself to work in this tutorial.... im not concerned about uploading it to the web...