Can the forums get a 'Features' section for feature requests?

edited April 2014 in General

I'd like to propose a features request that instead of having answered/rejected to each comment received to simply have a 'solved' feature next to the title of the post. Some put in great effort to answer the question even if they did not clearly understand the question... I certainly would not want to reject them and then to have an 'answered' showing which ones the asker accepted, just doesn't seem right because 3 or more people may have actually contributed to 'solving' the question. So a 'solved' feature, to me, just seems to make more sense.

Answers

• Then maybe to start some sort of point system where active users start to gain certain mod privileges as they acquire very high points, such as, to be able to mark a thread as 'solved' themselves when the initial asker has failed to do so after a long time.

• I think these forums go for a certain minimalism. The answered/rejected status already does what the solved/unsolved feature would do, so I don't know what the point of adding it would be.

And a point system would be a big change, and it would clutter up the minimalist design of the forums. Once you're here a while you can tell who knows what they're talking about, although I would like to at least get a post count next to user names. But what mod privileges would you even want?