Audio delayed when I run script on my windows laptop (works perfectly on other windows computers)

Hi everyone,

I've received a processing script with a psychological test, that I should use for my thesis. When you run the script, another screen pops up and audio plays when you hit a button. Everything works on a university computer but not on my laptop. When I run the script, the audio file delays and starts 'ticking'. Processing doesn't give an error and the rest of the program keeps running, the delay in audio keeps increasing. Both computers run on windows 7 and Java is updated and use processing 2.1.1. I don't reckon the problem is in the script (since it runs on other computers), so I won't include it here.

Do you have any idea on what the problem might be? I just started working with Processing so perhaphs I'm overlooking a very obvious thing here.. So just shouting out things I might try or check would help me a lot!!

Thanks! Naomi

Tagged:

Answers

• edited March 2014

Well that's the perfect oppotunity to try out my version of the gliͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮtchy poiͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮnter thiͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮngy script, maybe it will even give you useful insiͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮͯͮght by pointing at the bug

• Sorry, I have no idea what you mean.. Would one of your scripts be able to help me?

• Sorry for trolling. No, I can't help you, and I don't think the chances are high anyone will be able to help you based on the information you gave. It would require a lot of luck. Can you imagine why?

• Yeah I suppose there are so many things that might be the problem.. I'm not expecting a step-by-step plan that will magically fix my specific problem! I'm just wondering if I'm overlooking some basic things here that I could check for Processing to work optimally? I'm sorry if this question is too broad.