Faulty .apk file - "There is a problem parsing the package"

edited March 2014 in Android Mode

Hi,

I've programmed simple audio demo skecth for showing audio signal in time and frequency domains. Sketch works perfectly from processing using Android mode and "run on a device". Then I've exported sketch as Android project.

With ADT bundle (Eclipse) I did : - created new project from existing code - made everything according to this info: http://forum.processing.org/one/topic/why-signing-unknown-sources-and-how-to-sign.html and exported signed and unsigned apk files.

But none of them work on my Samsug Tab2 (Android 4.2.2). I get "Parse error: There is a problem parsing the package"

I've checked target and it is API10, have done everything in Eclipse and got no error in return. But both (signed and unsigned don't work - have tried to install them from web page and SD card). I've digged up the apk that is produced when running "on device" from PDE and it works and install normally (but is unsigned).

Any advice what to do or what have I done wrong ? Is there any tool to check produced apk ?

Thanks in advance, regards, Bulek.

Tagged:

Answers

• This seems to be a fairly generic error message. There is a list of potential solutions on StackOverflow (but you may have seen this already...).

A possibility stands out: What is the name of your exported APK file? Does it differ from the name of your unsigned APK? If so, try changing it back (or to something else).