Porting Shaders

edited February 2014 in GLSL / Shaders

Hi, I am trying to get into shaders with P2. So far it's a little confusing, thanks if you can answer any of my questions...

My original goal was to use some of the nice interpolation shaders that come with console emulators eg SNES, which are written in XmlShaderFormat.

I understand these will need to be rewritten for Processing? I see from atduskgreg shader examples that the glgraphics libraries use an xml filter file, but the schema appears quite different.

Is there a guide anywhere for converting shaders? I saw that sableRalph has converted a lot from shadertoy.com in this post.

Thanks again

Answers

• edited February 2014 Answer ✓

Processing's Shaders page if full of information about this topic and the pixelation shader I referenced in your other question should give you a nice template.

• Thanks - I'll start from there and see if I can port something...

• Just as a quick note, the PShader API in Processing 2.0 doesn't include any kind of higher-level file format to specify filters or effects, like GLGraphics had. All you need to create a shader in Processing 2 are the fragment and (optionally) the vertex shaders written in GLSL and following certain naming conventions as explained in the tutorial Poersh referred to.