Processing command line fails on W7 computer.

Hi,

I want to be able to run sketches from the command line or from Notepad++. It works fine on several WXP machines but not for me on W7-64 or later. Processing 3.3.6,

The command line:

C:\Programs\Processing\processing-java.exe --force --sketch="C:\RDL\Processing\ASketch" --output="C:\RDL\Processing\ASketch/ouput" --run

and it says:

Process started >>>
    DPI detection failed, fallback to 96 dpi
    Error: Could not find or load main class Files
    Could not run the sketch (Target VM failed to initialize).
    For more information, read revisions.txt and Help ? Troubleshooting.
    Could not run the sketch.

I see this https://forum.processing.org/two/discussion/20681/running-processing-sketch-from-command-line-on-windows, and compared with that:

• their default is \processing\ and omit .exe - tried that - same error.
  • omit -- force - mine wants that to overwrite existing directory.

Notepad++ and cmd direct both get the same error. Tried lifting the foldername into run window - yes correct folder. Tried changing all / to \ - same error.

I wondererd how Processing IDE manages to run it, went looking for option 'verbose output' in preferences (+.txt) but didn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Answers

• C:\RDL\Processing\ASketch/ouput

Watch for the fwd slash. Solves it? Or was a typo in your post?

Kf

• What I typed is how it is, mostly N++ $(CURRENT_DIRECTORY) value, with /ouput on the end copied from a web instruction somewhere. Now I've tried with all slashes each way (not all combinations just one way and the other). Do you have W7 pc, can you post working command line, and/or tell me my command line works on your pc please.