SurfaceMapper GUI - throwing Too many calls to pushMatrix exception

edited January 2014 in Library Questions

Hello all!

I am very new to Processing and coding also! so I appreciate any help on here!

I am sure you have come across ixagon's great project SurfaceMapperGUI. I have downloaded all that is needed and placed my libraries as instructed. however I am getting the below error

java.lang.RuntimeException: Too many calls to pushMatrix().
    at processing.core.PGraphics3D.pushMatrix(Unknown Source)
    at codeanticode.glgraphics.GLGraphics.pushMatrix(Unknown Source)
    at processing.core.PApplet.pushMatrix(Unknown Source)
    at controlP5.ControllerGroup.draw(Unknown Source)
    at controlP5.ControlWindow.draw(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor8.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    at processing.core.PApplet$RegisteredMethods.handle(Unknown Source)
    at processing.core.PApplet$RegisteredMethods.handle(Unknown Source)
    at processing.core.PApplet.handleDraw(Unknown Source)
    at processing.core.PApplet.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

has anyone encountered sth similar or tell me how I can overcome this! thanks a lot for your time :)

Answers

• What version of Processing are you using? I think that SurfaceMapperGUI requires 1.5.1.

• Yes I have the 1.5.1. all the versions seem to be correct.

• Are you getting this error with the examples that come with the SurfaceMapperGUI or is it when you create your own code?

Are you sure the problem is with this library - you are also using controlP5?

Looking at the error message I suggest that you are missing a popMatrix() in your draw() method.

• Thank you Quark.

I get the error when I run surfacemapper, I haven't created any code of my own I just did what is written in the instructions. Yes I use controlP5, GLGraphics too.

Do you think I can solve that popMatrix() issue with my -very-little programming knowledge :(

• edited January 2014

Hi, when you run the SurfaceMapperGUI sketch you should see the following output in the console.

GLGraphics version: 1.0.0
    ControlP5 1.5.2 infos, comments, questions at www.sojamo.de/libraries/controlP5
    GSVideo version: 1.0.0

if this is not the case, you might be using an incompatible library. In case you are using a 2.0 version of controlP5, you can find an archived version of 1.5.2 here