SimpleOpenNI and PKinect

edited May 2014 in Kinect

Hello Processing Community,

I want to create a sketch using kinect, Actually m not sure, but is that possible to use SimpleOpenNI and PKinect library in a same sketch...

your help must be appreciated...

Regards...

Answers

• Answer ✓

I have the same question! But I don't think so, you can! I am unable to run Daniel Shiffmann's open_kinect, but I am able to run simpleOPEN NI.. Do keep me updated about this!

• Are you creating the sketches in Processing-1.5.1 with SimpleOpenNI-1.96??? Mac or windows?

• edited May 2014 Answer ✓

The answer is simple, No. why ? Because Both library have to create two different object to access the same kinect hardware but when one library would be accessing/using the hardwave other would get the hardware busy message hence it is not possible.

• edited May 2014

Yes , it is not possible , Both libraries are good, but you can use only one , I have use SimpleOpenNI -1.96 library, but on mac this library examples give me errors, and SimpleOpenNI-0.27 library examples run fine. But after exporting them the an exported app has given me only white screen with stop button...

Also on windows , the both libraries work fine, but an exported app gives nothing... I have searched a lot about this but, still dnt get an expected result ... I am using kinect model-1473..

If you have any idea or suggestion , pls share it...

thanks.

• I have the same problem..................waiting for solving it !